Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need help with setup

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 19,412 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

thanks Rich you know

]until last night i just found the site for the splitter i used and found out about the distance. fortunately it actually worked the 100 ft runs werent really 100ft there was a lot of slack left behind but when i left it was working on all 6 tvs. check it out
[ATTACH]28646[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28647[/ATTACH]

It's a BAR! I couldn't figure out what the customer was asking you to do, understood your post, but just couldn't figure out why someone would want to do that.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jdogi70

jdogi70

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

It's a BAR! I couldn't figure out what the customer was asking you to do, understood your post, but just couldn't figure out why someone would want to do that.

Rich

Yeah man go figure this guy is one strange puppy playing boring as euro winnie music while showing an aerosmith concert lol

#23 OFFLINE   jdogi70

jdogi70

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

I wasn't gonna comment about my problems with Monoprice, but I have them too. I used to buy stuff from them but stopped after having problems with an HDMI switch (coincidence, huh?) that didn't work and when I called to return it the CSR told me that they had been having problems with D* and that particular model switch. No disclaimer. Lost two 20-700s because of that switch.

In that link you posted there is a phone number for the company that makes the HDMI amp. Call them, they seemed quite knowledgeable. I was surprised when the tech told me that I could get them cheaper on other sites, as low as $160. You should give them a call.

Rich

cool thanks man i will call them most definitely.

spam firewall