Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB & CBSCS Channel Moves

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saltrek

saltrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

If this is a duplicate post, feel free to delete, but I did not see anything mentioning this.

CBS College Sports has moved from 152 to 158
MLB Network has moved from 153 to 152.

I am hoping that these moves are so that the MLB network alternate channel will now be carried on channel 153. This is something we were missing when MLB was added to the line-up back in September.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

MLB is listing Back to Back preseason games tomorrow. Maybe nice if had already.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,096 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

MLBN is still airing on 153 with the EPG/channel info noting the move to 152 (effective Fen 29th). It is possible that a change will be made tomorrow that would make 153 an alternate channel, but there isn't any signs of that move that I have seen.

The games tomorrow are listed as "subject to blackout in local areas" (MLB Website). It doesn't appear there is an alternate game available.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

Funny... I knew about the CBS change a week or so ago when I was replacing a receiver and updating my favorites list... but I hadn't noticed MLB was moving.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#5 OFFLINE   BarryG

BarryG

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I've been having a heck of a time finding a program in the grid listing that is supposed to air by CBS College Sports Network. Is 158 really CBS College Sports Network? Is there both a CBS Sports Network and a CBS College Sports network?

TIA

#6 OFFLINE   russinpa

russinpa

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've been having a heck of a time finding a program in the grid listing that is supposed to air by CBS College Sports Network. Is 158 really CBS College Sports Network? Is there both a CBS Sports Network and a CBS College Sports network?

TIA

In 2011, CBS College Sports Network was renamed CBS Sports Network.

#7 OFFLINE   Willh

Willh

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

well i'm sure the MLB alternate channel will be launched soon, as in with in the next two or three weeks as the baseball season will kick off next month.
Dish Network Customer since Jan 2007, upgraded to HD on September 2, 2010.

DVRs/Box Sets: Dish VIP DVR 722K (2 of them).

long time Pro-Wrestling and NASCAR fan.

#8 OFFLINE   BarryG

BarryG

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

In 2011, CBS College Sports Network was renamed CBS Sports Network.

Thanks Russ!

#9 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

well i'm sure the MLB alternate channel will be launched soon, as in with in the next two or three weeks as the baseball season will kick off next month.

What makes you say that? Dish didn't have it last year. Not saying they won't but you seem so sure. :)

#10 OFFLINE   brucegrr

brucegrr

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • LocationNey, Ohio

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yeah, the blackout rules have already started. I watched both games today. I had to switch to Sports Time Ohio to watch the Cleveland game. Nice to see a good selection of Spring games. Unlike NFL preseason, baseball games in the spring are worth watching. I love the personal interviews they are doing.....Spring training is much more laid-back....

Go Reds!

#11 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

I also think it will be for alternate channels. If not, then I am not sure...music channels? :confused:

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,096 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

MLBNA was uplinked this afternoon ... not currently on 153 (that is now a slate) but ready to renumber and offer.

Uplinked in SD and HD.

#13 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Nice.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#14 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Good news for baseball fans... maybe it will launch in time for the next season, if not in time for pre-season.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#15 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

MLBN came to DISH later last season so this is the first ST we got to see and we are loving it. Usually pay attention to the players on new teams, ie Pujols, and Fielder, and up and comers like Harper. Also watched Darvish pitch a few innings for Texas recently!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...