Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4.0 remote with 222k

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zookeeper

zookeeper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

My old 3.o IR remote will the do the basics on my 222k receiver but I can't get the 4.0 UHF to work with the 222k receiver. Are there any undocumented tricks that would get the 4.0 to do the basics?

#2 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Do you have the #1 key in the remote? Our IR signals are the same on all remotes, so it might work. Try pressing system info on the receiver, then press the record button on the remote a few times to see if it will address to the receiver.

If it doesn't, you can try to match the remote address already listed on screen (hold SAT, press number on number pad, press #).

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#3 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

FWIW I have three 4.0 IR/UHF Pro remotes working on tuner 2 of a 222k. I ended up with Tuner 1 set for Code 4 IR/UHF Pro Band B using a 3.4 IR and a 21.0 IR/UHF Pro.
Tuner 2 is set for Code 6 UHF Pro Band A.
The 222k is in dual mode.

#4 OFFLINE   zookeeper

zookeeper

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

John, I have similar setup. When I set the 222k up both primary and secondary remote addresses were on 1. I took the 21.0 remote and went through the process of changing the remote address for the # 2 receiver to 2 and the screen shows the # 2 receiver address at 2 UHF Pro band B. I have heard about band a and band b but I don't know how to change to either one. My old 3.0 remote works with the #1 reciever but when I take my 4.0 remote and go through the change address process to set it to 2 it will not turn the #2 receiver off. Any advice?

#5 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

It's been a year since I happened upon settings that worked for me so I've forgotten how it happened. I had been told it wasn't possible but I had invested in extra 4.0 remotes I wanted to keep using so I kept at it.

#6 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

John, I have similar setup. When I set the 222k up both primary and secondary remote addresses were on 1. I took the 21.0 remote and went through the process of changing the remote address for the # 2 receiver to 2 and the screen shows the # 2 receiver address at 2 UHF Pro band B. I have heard about band a and band b but I don't know how to change to either one. My old 3.0 remote works with the #1 reciever but when I take my 4.0 remote and go through the change address process to set it to 2 it will not turn the #2 receiver off. Any advice?

try changing the address on the 21.0 and 4.0 to an odd number. The 21.0 does pro band A for odd numbers and pro band B for even. The 4.0 can only do pro band A, so if they're both on the same odd number, should work.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#7 OFFLINE   zookeeper

zookeeper

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice! I finally broke down and got another 21.0 remote to solve my problem. Puck I believe you are right on the nose about the 4.0 only working on the A band. I would assume that the 3.0 would only work on the A band also. Once again thanks to everyone for all the help!!!

spam firewall