Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Do any of you think that the Sports pack should be included in Choice Ultimate?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mkdtv21

mkdtv21

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Dish Network's America's Top 250 include all of the sports channels without needing their sports pack. If Directv is supposed to be the strong one in sports don't you think they should do the same?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,595 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

No.

#3 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Dish Network's America's Top 250 include all of the sports channels without needing their sports pack.

you're wrong. Sports pack is separate on Dish

#4 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:16 AM

haha, Dish Network doesn't carry YES, SNY, MSG, MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, NASCAR Hotpass, or Universal Sports, So don't even try to compare their sports offerings to DirecTV's :lol:
Proud DirecTV Subscriber since 1.6.2012 :)
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#5 OFFLINE   shy007

shy007

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

I don't think the whole package but ESPN Classic should be included. It's crazy what ESPN charges and then we still don't get ESPN Classic.

#6 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Dish Network's America's Top 250 include all of the sports channels without needing their sports pack. If Directv is supposed to be the strong one in sports don't you think they should do the same?

yes for the non RSN channels and for the in market outer zone RSN's that you need sports pack to get live games on them.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#7 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:12 AM

haha, Dish Network doesn't carry YES, SNY, MSG, MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket, NASCAR Hotpass, or Universal Sports, So don't even try to compare their sports offerings to DirecTV's :lol:

Dish has added Universal Sports recently, but you are correct that Dish is way behind DirecTV in total sports coverage. That said, I would not want to have to buy the entire Choice Ultimate package just to get the sports. I do not watch movies, so I much prefer paying for the sports package separately. That way, I can get the sports package without having to pay for all of the movie channels in Choice Ultimate.

#8 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

No.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#9 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,661 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

No!!

~Alan

#10 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

If I could change anything about the sports pack, I would make it complimentary for those that have an out-of-market subscription package for that particular season. Like from April-October for Extra Innings and October-April for those with Center Ice and/or League Pass. Granted, the only thing that would do is enable the viewer to watch local coverage of their favorite teams as if they are in the area, but still that is all it is really good for.

I think the non-RSN sports pack channels like Fox Soccer/Plus, GolTV, ESPN classic, and Outdoor may make decent additions to Choice Ultimate. However stupid that may sound, it is just my opinion.

Edited by espnjason, 06 March 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Subscribed to DirecTV for NFL Sunday Ticket, remained a subscriber for international football.

#11 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

If I could change anything about the sports pack, I would make it complimentary for those that have an out-of-market subscription package for that particular season. Like from April-October for Extra Innings and October-April for those with Center Ice and/or League Pass. Granted, the only thing that would do is enable the viewer to watch local coverage of their favorite teams as if they are in the area, but still that is all it is really good for.

I think the non-RSN sports pack channels like Fox Soccer/Plus, GolTV, ESPN classic, and Outdoor may make decent additions to Choice Ultimate. However stupid that may sound, it is just my opinion.

Agree. Put Fox Soccer & GolTV in the Ultimate Package and I`ll think about moving up.

#12 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

The way I understood it was Choice Ultimate was supposed to be a package for movie lovers, so they get a bunch of the cheaper movie channels like Encore and The Movie Channel. It wouldn't make sense to start adding a bunch of sports channels to a package for movie lovers.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

spam firewall