Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Setting Up Receiver for Lakehouse

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BobGeeX

BobGeeX

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

I have been gradually upgrading my system with the most recent receiver change-outs being the replacement of a H21 with a H24 and an HR20 with the HR34. With the HR34 change Directv installed a SWM16 in my attic. So, I am getting ready to make a trip to the lakehouse and I usually take one of my H21's with me. I just realized that this H21 is SWM connected and my setup at the lakehouse is old triple LNB dish. A couple of questions: 1) What is going to happen when I hook up the H21 configured for SWM to the triple LNB dish?; and 2) Can I pre-configure the H21 non-SWM configuration by attaching it to a Legacy port on the SWM16? Thanks in advance for all of the great advice on this forum.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,007 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Receivers sometimes are difficult to switch back and forth between legacy and SWM. Yes, you can use one of the legacy ports off your SWM16 to switch it over. Hook it up, go into sat setup and select the type of dish you have at the lake, plus "multiswitch". You may have to do a reset on the receiver.

When you bring it back, reverse the process. Make sure you know what type of dish you have at home also (3 or 5 LNB).

#3 OFFLINE   BobGeeX

BobGeeX

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

Works as you described. Thanks.

#4 OFFLINE   Dale in PA

Dale in PA

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

I do a similar process when I take one of my receivers from my home (multi room DVR) and use it in my RV. I just do a new setup each time to switch between multi switch and swm. I have never had any issues.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...