Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Mrv ethernet question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Trainerman

Trainerman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hello,

Thanks to the great forums here I got my MRV hooked up via Ethernet and turned on today. Thank you!

Quick question. Is it normal to have a slight 1 to 4 second delay when doing an action on the connected machine that is requesting something from my DVR in the other room? I have a 21 100 that is feeding info to the 23 600 in a different room. Thank you for your time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,552 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Yes, that's normal. It takes a few seconds for the remote DVR to respond and begin streaming its video.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,694 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Pretty much. The request to play streaming time takes longer the first time but even subsequent starts are not instant. Pause and resume are the fast ones all the others seem to require both sides handshaking in some fashion pre action.

Some claim pure DECA is faster, others have converted to DECA based on that claim and think not.

I run a CCK bridged DECA cloud for 2 H25 receivers but all my DVRs are direct Ethernet connected. I also have cable runs in the 150 to 200 ft range and see some delay in the longer line transfers than in the shorter ones BUT. . . Some of that I can attribute to the servers themselves as the older models do seem to take a bit longer.

And like many I keep getting the verbiage mixed here. A home LAN is Ethernet based and DECA is Direct tv's Ethernet Coaxial Adapter both are standard IP packets sent using standard protocols.

Both are Ethernet.

Don "HLAN? Home Local Area Network?" Bolton

Hello,

Thanks to the great forums here I got my MRV hooked up via Ethernet and turned on today. Thank you!

Quick question. Is it normal to have a slight 1 to 4 second delay when doing an action on the connected machine that is requesting something from my DVR in the other room? I have a 21 100 that is feeding info to the 23 600 in a different room. Thank you for your time.

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#4 OFFLINE   Trainerman

Trainerman

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thought that might be the case. Thank you for the info!

spam firewall