Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

hr34 number of streams

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

A question for the mrv experts I think a hr34 can have three stream at one time and a 24 two at a time is that correct?
This is the scenario, if watching a show that you have recorded on the dvr
Can yo let the show play and go to a different room and join the program as it continues to play in the original room , or will you have to start from the beginning and catch up?

I hope I explained this ok
The example would be your watching with spouse one of you goes to kitchen to eat and wants to finish the show.
Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,793 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

The 24s can only stream one.
The 34 can stream three.
Not having a 34, I can't say what steps are required.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

A question for the mrv experts I think a hr34 can have three stream at one time and a 24 two at a time is that correct?
This is the scenario, if watching a show that you have recorded on the dvr
Can yo let the show play and go to a different room and join the program as it continues to play in the original room , or will you have to start from the beginning and catch up?

I hope I explained this ok
The example would be your watching with spouse one of you goes to kitchen to eat and wants to finish the show.
Thanks.

I know for sure that the HR34 can play at least two streams of the same recording (just verified this), but it appears that when you start the second stream, even though there is a resume option, it starts the second stream from the beginning.

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,871 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

There's no configuration necessary... just select what you want and play it. If you are already streaming one, yes the second one will start at the beginning unless you exit out of the first one completely. Then you can resume on a different TV.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

I know for sure that the HR34 can play at least two streams of the same recording (just verified this), but it appears that when you start the second stream, even though there is a resume option, it starts the second stream from the beginning.

Thanks for the reply this is exactly the info I was needing.
although it would be better if you could join in progress we can simply ff and catch up so that will work.One more problem solved.

#6 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Now that I know the hr34 will work one more thing if someone with a hr24
would not mind testing .
If your watching the show on the dvr then can you access the same program at the same time from one of your other receivers?

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,793 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Now that I know the hr34 will work one more thing if someone with a hr24
would not mind testing .
If your watching the show on the dvr then can you access the same program at the same time from one of your other receivers?

Yes, what is going out "the front" has nothing to do with what's going out "the back".
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   powerhouse1960

powerhouse1960

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yes, what is going out "the front" has nothing to do with what's going out "the back".

Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

Its only going to actually resume if you stopped playing it in the other room. If its still playing in the other room too, then it does not yet have a real resume point, or at least that's what I figured out ages ago on the other hrs, and see no reason for that to change on an hr34.

#10 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Its only going to actually resume if you stopped playing it in the other room. If its still playing in the other room too, then it does not yet have a real resume point, or at least that's what I figured out ages ago on the other hrs, and see no reason for that to change on an hr34.

Actually this is probably a bug in the on screen display. If you can't resume, then don't have a resume option.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...