Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home DVR Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kzziboy

kzziboy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Currently I DO HAVE Whole Home DVR...It's just through my existing home network with Cat 5. Works pretty good! I'd like to add an H24 receiver to my existing setup. I read something that says you need at least 1 HR24 receiver set up in your network in order to use an H24 receiver in a Whole Home DVR setup. Is this true.
Right now I have an HR20 and HR21 DVR's. Will it not work with them?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

An H24 will work with any DVR that has Whole Home authorized on it.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   kzziboy

kzziboy

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

That's what I thought. Just making sure...
Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   Tech_1438

Tech_1438

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

The H24 has an internal DECA as well as an external ethernet connection. Powering up or rebooting the H24 with an ethernet cable connected will disable the internal DECA, and allow the external ethernet port to function with your hardwired MRV setup.

Be aware the newest H25 receivers do not have an external ethernet port, and will only work in a SWM environment. If ordering from DirecTV, and your account is SWM flagged, there is a possibility you will receive an H25. Best to order online (solidsignal, amazon) to ensure you get the exact model number you desire.

Good Luck!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...