Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPad app: watching NBA on TNT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FredZ

FredZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I wanted to watch the NBA game (Bulls vs Magic) last night on my iPad using the Directv app. The app streams TNT where the game was being broadcast so it seemed like this would work great. I opened the app and selected TNT and "watch on iPad". Everything was great, the game was on and it looked very good. Then after a minute or 2, it switched from the game to some drama show (Law and Order or something). I close the app and terminate it using the app-switcher, then I re-open it and select TNT. Same thing, after a minute or so of the game, it switches back to that same drama show. I checked on my TV and TNT was still showing the game. So I am wondering, is there some legal reason where the NBA does not allow the iPad app to stream NBA games?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,323 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:27 AM

I wouldn't think so, I've watched the NBA (can't remember if it was TNT or not) on my iPad via the DIRECTV app. I think it's most likely a problem with DIRECTV's servers.

I'd report it in the iPad app issues thread: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=198257

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#3 OFFLINE   bryanw3535

bryanw3535

Legend

• Registered
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

My guess is that DirecTV doesn't have rights to show live NBA on the iPad. It would compete against the NBA League Pass app, right?

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,968 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

My guess is that DirecTV doesn't have rights to show live NBA on the iPad. It would compete against the NBA League Pass app, right?

No, because TNT Thursday games are exclusive to TNT and national.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...