Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Spam from DBSTalk

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brafish

brafish

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Spam from DBSTalk? Really??? Whoever sent it, has access to my dbstalk email address.

Note the grammar and spelling, even it was legit I don't think I'd trust my life on one of their boats...

links and phone numbers have been edited out

reply-to: list_manager@dbstalk.com
to: <edited out>
date: Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 1:50 PM
subject: Home Theater Cruise Setting Sail - November 25th 2012!
mailed-by: dbstalk.com

Hello DBSTaljk Member brafish!

Not sure if you may be aware, but their is a travel program that happens one a year called the Home Theater Cruise™. It is a theme based cruise that bring people together that have a like interest. In this case, home audio and video. During the cruise not only can not meet with other members of the community, but also attend conferences on board on various topics.

So this is just a quick note that the Home Theater Cruise™ is setting sail to the Eastern Caribbean for the 2012 voyage. We have set up a 7-night cruise aboard the wonderful Royal Caribbean Allure Of The Seas, the largest cruise ship at sea!

Setting sail from Ft Lauderdale, Florida, on November 25th, 2012, we will have three port stops that include Nassau Bahamas, St Thomas, and St Maarten! Of course we have home theater related conferences on board with a special guests from around the industry. These conferences are still in the planning stages, but we have already received word from Joe Kane that he will of course be back to give a talk.

So if you are looking to vacation this year, and have not yet already made plans or yet booked with us, please consider joining the Home Theater Cruise™ event. Full information can be found at our Home Theater Cruise site and cabins are already starting to fill. You can also reach out to Cherie Isik, of Anchors Away Cruise Center, at <edited out> for current cabin rates and availability. (Reminder: As a group event, you must book via our travel agency.)

We are also happy to say we again will be supporting our "wounded warriors" by having an auction for home theater gear on the last night to benefit the Segs4Vets foundation. 100 percent of the funds raised goes to help wounded veterans via this foundation. For more information please visit on Segs4Vets please see... <edited out> Along this line, we are also happy to announce we are providing discounts to anyone who is a veteran or is currently an active armed forces member that may be looking to sail with is. (Proper ID required.) Please discuss with Cherie for more information.

Looking forward to welcoming you aboard on November 25, 2012!!!

Special Regards,

David Bott
Founer
Home Theater Cruise, LLC
<edited out>

Cherie Isik
Anchors Away Cruise Center
<edited out>
<edited out>

Click here to unsubscribe

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I would not call it spam. You have the option to opt out of mailings.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,818 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's not SPAM.

But the spelling is embarrasingly-poor stuff.

The ownership of DBSTalk and AVSForum have some commonality...so the invite went out to a large list of folks.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

But the spelling is embarrasingly-poor stuff.

No kidding :nono2:
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,245 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

I got it also

JACK,

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,724 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

I got it also

Same here. Definitely should have been proof read before sending.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#7 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Got it. Deleted it. What's the big deal?

#8 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi All...

Yes, it was all me and I take full blame. I guess it should not have been such as "quick note" to the point it was not checked and rechecked by someone other than myself. I even missed "Founder" for goodness sake!

I did catch the DBSTalk blunder at the top but it was already sent to 10K at that point. But all, all me, all my mistake, and just me making me, well, look very poor.

It does not reflect well on any of the sites or companies I operate and own that's for sure. And this case worse on the cruise which we have been doing from 2002.

In any case, not spam, just trying to get people together for a fun time on a cruise whomever may care to attend.

DISCLAIMER: All spelling and grammatical errors done on purpose for the proofreadingly challenged...:)

#9 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,344 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

I didn't think it was a big deal. I scanned it quickly when it came in, and knowing I had no desire for a cruise (even a themed cruise), I deleted the email.

I know I can go under my UserCP to edit my profile and turn off these "occasional" emails, but I can't remember getting any prior emails from this site.

#10 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

I don't understand the place where in the CP it talks about email from Admins. I had the box checked and got an email then I unchecked the box and still got an email :confused:

#11 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:06 AM

Seeing it was not set that way when the database was imported into the mailing system, please be so kind to use the Unsubscribe Link at the bottom of the email. That then sets the mailing system directly.

Thanks

#12 OFFLINE   Carolina

Carolina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I can't do that as I no longer have the emails.

#13 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

I have taken care of it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...