Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Channels, shows DirecTV and Dish don't want to give you.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Stealing is a weasel word. File Sharing is more accurate as there's no physical medium involved. If they can't make money off of showing me Arctic Air, I'll go somewhere else. They can do business as usual and make money off of that, I'm sure they're not hurting for viewers. If they won't sell it to Fresno or where ever, say so and leave those of us who want to break out of the TV rat race alone. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

Stealing is a weasel word. File Sharing is more accurate as there's no physical medium involved. If they can't make money off of showing me Arctic Air, I'll go somewhere else. They can do business as usual and make money off of that, I'm sure they're not hurting for viewers. If they won't sell it to Fresno or where ever, say so and leave those of us who want to break out of the TV rat race alone. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

As Satelliteracer has stated several times no service provider has it all. Which means one must pick a provider that can best meet their needs and wants. Obviously your not happy with your provider. Your choice is simple. Get out of the "TV rat race" and be left alone or relocate to the host country as I previously suggested so you can get the channels you desire. :rolleyes:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#23 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

Stealing is a weasel word.

and by weasel word you mean accurate word, right?

#24 OFFLINE   yogi

yogi

Legend

• Registered
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'm Not stealing your car. I'm car sharing.:)

#25 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

I'm Not stealing your car. I'm car sharing.:)

HA! That is pure genius.

#26 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

Just because you don't think it is stealing doesn't make it stealing.

My neighbor is just one person but he has 2 cars. He doesn't need 2 cars, so why can't I drive the one he isn't using right now? I'm not taking anything from him that he could be using...

I see far too many people trying to defend and rationalize their stealing... "I would buy it if it didn't cost so much"... So, ok... anything you can't afford is ok to steal? I guess I'm entitled to the gold in Fort Knox. I mean, If I could afford it, I would buy it... so stealing it is ok?

"I want to buy it but they don't want to sell it"... Ok, I like my neighbor's TV... but he doesn't want to sell it... so it is ok if I steal it, right?

"Software and digital music/movies aren't tangible property. If I steal it, it doesn't stop them from selling it to others." Yeah, so something that you can steal without people knowing and that doesn't take away from sales is ok?

The rules are pretty simple... you are only entitled to buy something that is for sale, available to you, and something you can afford. You aren't entitled to steal things you can't afford, aren't available in your area, or aren't for sale.

IT should be pretty simple to follow those rules... so no more rationalizing of stealing, please.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#27 OFFLINE   photostudent

photostudent

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Now I am feeling guilty about reading that newspaper someone left at Mcdonalds this morning! But back to the Canadian content subject! For those homesick there is some non-Geoblocked streaming of local CA shows on the internet. Roku has the Canadian Film Board Channel and some Canadian Public Broadcasting channels. I would expect a lot more coming. Obviously the sat and cable companies are pushing their bandwith now and the future of niche channels is in legal streaming.

#28 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,372 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

I think I've said this before on another thread, but I've often wondered why since the BBCA is viable financially there isn't a "CBCA" (or maybe "CBUS"?) that pays for Canadian shows.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#29 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

KFRE The 59 will show The LA Complex from Much on April 24th. US channels may not be so bad after all.

Get this link before it gets taken down cause it's not on DN or DirecTV, Illegal.

www.hulu.com/skins-uk

Edited by Art7220, 15 March 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#30 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

Last two episodes of Little Mosque on the Prairie coming up. Last episode on April 2nd.

Can't give you the DL link, but you can get the legit DVDs from Amazon.

#31 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Yup, series finale coming up. Hopefully there will be a complete series Blu-ray. I would get that in an instant.

#32 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I don't think CBC puts its shows on BluRay, could be wrong though.

#33 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Finally Good God is here. Artthe1 just became your new birdman.

#34 OFFLINE   Art7220

Art7220

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

http://jam.canoe.ca/...9/20182871.html

Redacted bacause Fresno is showing these shows. Ricki will be on FOX at 10am. Katie on ABC at 3:00.

I just wanna see if Ricki Lake's show is just like the old one she did.

Arsenio coming back next year, can't wait.

Edited by Art7220, 10 September 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#35 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

I just wanna see if Ricki Lake's show is just like the old one she did.

I can't believe it could be that much different -- there aren't a lot of format variations between different daytime talk shows.

In the spring of 1996, I was a college intern at the Chicago TV station that carried her old show. Because they carried the show, they got a bunch of passes to give away for a sneak preview of the movie "Mrs. Winterbourne," in which she starred -- they offered them via postcard.

So I remember a day when I had the task of mailing out the movie passes to people who had sent in postcards. One person obviously really liked Ricki Lake, since he sent in dozens of postcards. It wasn't you, was it? :D
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

spam firewall