Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problems with Firefox 10.0.2

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

I just started having problems with version 10.0.2 of Firefox on my Mac running OS X 10.7.3. I haven't been able to make any connections. I can't close it normally and need to force close it. It has worked fine up until now. I don't know when it did an upgrade to this version (it does so automatically and I probably missed noticing the last change). Has anyone else had issues with this version? Is there a repository for older versions? I have reverted to Safari for now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I just started having problems with version 10.0.2 of Firefox on my Mac running OS X 10.7.3. I haven't been able to make any connections. I can't close it normally and need to force close it. It has worked fine up until now. I don't know when it did an upgrade to this version (it does so automatically and I probably missed noticing the last change). Has anyone else had issues with this version? Is there a repository for older versions? I have reverted to Safari for now.

Oldversion.com has various versions of Firefox.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,858 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Firefox 11 is scheduled for release on March 13th. You may also want to remove and recreate your Firefox profile, although I would suggest backing up your bookmarks first.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#4 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

I found Firefox 8.0.1 on the web and it is working fine.

#5 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

Firefox 11 is scheduled for release on March 13th. You may also want to remove and recreate your Firefox profile, although I would suggest backing up your bookmarks first.

I wonder if version 11 will freeze up less than version 10? I used to love firefox but the last few versions have been freezing up on me like crazy. Especially if I have more than one tab open. I will actually have to use the task manage rto kill the firefox process manually - clicking X doesn't do anything. It got so bad I actually started using Maxthon Avant instead.

#6 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 7,978 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

I just installed Firefox 11 (I gave it a week) and it doesn't appear to have the problems I saw with 10.0.2.

#7 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,896 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

I wonder if version 11 will freeze up less than version 10? I used to love firefox but the last few versions have been freezing up on me like crazy. Especially if I have more than one tab open. I will actually have to use the task manage rto kill the firefox process manually - clicking X doesn't do anything. It got so bad I actually started using Maxthon Avant instead.

Same here. I had to go back to v9.

Upgraded from 9 to 11 on Sunday. So far no issues.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#8 OFFLINE   ghontz1

ghontz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

My problem with firefox is slow loading times. Internet Explorer 9 loads a whole lot quicker.If firefox don't fix this problem soon i might just start using Internet Explorer all the time.

#9 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Same here. I had to go back to v9.

Upgraded from 9 to 11 on Sunday. So far no issues.

I quit using Firefox altogether. I've been using Maxthon as my default browser. Avant is pretty good too.

#10 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

I haven't tried 11 long enough to see if it still freezes but it still takes forever to open. And I have a SSD in my computer. I also still get that error where firfox won't open because it's supposedly already running but not responding and I have to kill the process in the task manager and try to open it again. None of my other applications give me any of the same problems.

#11 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,858 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Try starting Firefox in Safe Mode and see what happens.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#12 OFFLINE   Red Orc

Red Orc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Firefox 12 seems to be much more stable. Still takes forever to open and it still occasionally refuses to open at all for about 30 seconds.
I've used it and had two tabs open and it hasn't seized up yet. I haven't tried more than 2 tabs yet.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...