Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fox News & Business iPad streaming

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 845 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

Updated the Fox News app on my iPad tonight and it includes live streaming of both the News and Business channels for authenticated users, D* included.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:23 AM

The Fox Business app is updated with live streaming as well...

I was wondering actually how useful that update will be. We can already stream Fox News and Fox Business through the DIRECTV iPad app. Well I guess the advantage would be to watch away from home, right?

Anyway...

Anyone having trouble getting streaming to work? I've got it working on the FBC app but it says I don't have access from my provider on the FNC app.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#3 OFFLINE   TScottTX

TScottTX

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

I was wondering actually how useful that update will be. We can already stream Fox News and Fox Business through the DIRECTV iPad app. Well I guess the advantage would be to watch away from home, right?

Pretty useful as it's working on my iPhone!

#4 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Well I guess the advantage would be to watch away from home, right?

Yep, that's the advantage.

#5 OFFLINE   shanedag

shanedag

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Cool!

#6 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

...Anyone having trouble getting streaming to work? I've got it working on the FBC app but it says I don't have access from my provider on the FNC app.

I thought I'd follow up on my issue above. I was experiencing a bug in the app that was preventing streaming. I had the auto date and time set to manual on my iPad2 and that was causing the problem.

The work around is to quit the app by removing it from the multitasking menu (double click the home button, press and hold the FNC app until it jiggles, and press the delete icon on it). Then set the iPad to automatically update the time (from the iPad's settings > general > date and time), log back into the FNC app, and re-enter your credentials in live streaming. At that point it works and you can change the auto time set back to manual if desired.

This also works on the New iPad (iPad3).

Edited by Go Beavs, 18 April 2012 - 09:50 AM.
added a workaround step

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#7 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

I can't seem to be able to stream either channel with the iPhone version of the app.

I tried switching the time from auto to manual and back, and still no luck. Any ideas?

The message I get says "Sorry, you do not currently have access to this channel. Contact your cable, satellite, or telco provider for more info."

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#8 OFFLINE   Athlon646464

Athlon646464

Hall Of Fame

• News Hound
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationUxbridge, MA

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

Got it working......

I deleted and re-installed the app and now it works.

:D

1 HR34-700, 1 C31-700, 1 HR24-500
Original install on April 20, 2008 - HR34 & C31 installed on August 24, 2013 - HR24 installed on July 23, 2010

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

#9 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Ohh, I forgot to add to my post above that you need to actually quit the app (ie. remove it from the multitasking menu or reboot the iPad or reinstall the app or...) for the workaround to have an effect.

I'm glad you got it working. I'll edit my post above.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

#10 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,618 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Has anyone else tried the Fox News app recently? I can watch Fox Business News live. When I select FNC it says to contact my service provider.

#11 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Has anyone else tried the Fox News app recently? I can watch Fox Business News live. When I select FNC it says to contact my service provider.

I watched yesterday morning and it worked fine. Have you tried the bug work-arounds in the posts above?

Genie, Hx2x, nomad

Protected By... spam firewall...And...