Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Walking Dead OAD 03/11/2012 question

telescoping mast

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

Whats with the weird flashbacks after Shane was killed?

His life flashing before his eyes.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Whats with the weird flashbacks after Shane was killed?

His life flashing before his eyes.

Were they flashbacks or was it supposed to show us the virus taking affect and him becoming a zombie?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#23 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,889 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Were they flashbacks or was it supposed to show us the virus taking affect and him becoming a zombie?

- Merg

I thought that at first too but I think some frames were from the past.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#24 ONLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

- Merg

I think it was showing the virus taking it's final control over the brain. just like in the CDC episode

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#25 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

In the book it's airborne and doesn't take effect until you die.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#26 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I think it was showing the virus taking it's final control over the brain. just like in the CDC episode

That's what I thought too.

- Merg

#27 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 611 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

If we are using Dawn of the Dead rules, if she is infected, the baby is born infected. Which means it is in the womb infected. But in Dawn of the Dead, she had already turned, and dead don't eat dead.

There are no other zombie movie rules, as the creator said in this world there was no zombie movie like Dawn of the Dead and that is one reason why they are called walkers and not zombies. This apparently is also its own set of rules from the books since it is my understanding Shane died very early on in them as well as there being many other discrepancies.

I thought the vision upon his death was the infection taking over, IIRC all it was were shots of Walkers clawing, biting and moaning.

#28 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

One theory among my co-workers regarding Shane was how while trapped in the bus he cut his hand with his knife. That is the same knife he had killed walkers with, so by using the contaminated knife, he infected himself. So, when he died, he came back.

Doesn't really account for Randall though...

- Merg

Actually one of the producers (forgot which though .__.) admitted on twitter that shane cutting his hand with the same knife he used to headstab a zombie just a few moments earlier was an over site on there part it was not meant to foreshadow anything at all.

Regarding shane/randall we can look to the Comic for answers, of course the show is VERY different then the comics at this point we can still use it for some reference. These spoilers are related to the comic so if you are looking to read the comic you have been warned.

Spoiler

The leading theory is that the disease that causes zombification is released into the air when the zombies bodies are burned and anyone with in a short range becomes infected.
The only problem is this easily becomes a classic "chicken and the egg" paradox, what came first. The zombie or the Disease? :P

In season 1 when they were at the CDC, the doctor whispered something in Rick's ear before they left. If you listen very closely, you can here him say "we all have it" or something like that. So, everyone turns into a zombie no matter how they die. Big question is still.... why?

*Yoda voice* Make sense this does not young padawan.

If the Doc told rick everyone was infected then Rick would not have searched the cops at the public works for scratches or bites. And he most definitely would not have turned his back on the very recently deceased Shane.

Then again this season has had alot of over sites so who knows.

#29 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

When Rick and Shane thought they found the perfect place to dump Randal, they killed the guards who were walkers and they mentioned that neither one of them were bitten or scratched. Since they were there to get rid of Randal thy did not dwell on it.

#30 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

When Rick and Shane thought they found the perfect place to dump Randal, they killed the guards who were walkers and they mentioned that neither one of them were bitten or scratched. Since they were there to get rid of Randal thy did not dwell on it.

I really doubt a secret like the one gener told rick would be something he wouldnt take into consideration in life and death scenarios.
Especially when it comes to turning your back on someone you just killed, if he knew it was airborne all along he would have

1) Shot/Stabbed shane in the head immediately after killing him so he wouldnt turn.

2) Wait next to shane just in case.

3) Never turn his back on him like he did in the episode, then be surprised that it happened.

Sorry but it just does not add up.

#31 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

I really doubt a secret like the one gener told rick would be something he wouldnt take into consideration in life and death scenarios.
Especially when it comes to turning your back on someone you just killed, if he knew it was airborne all along he would have

1) Shot/Stabbed shane in the head immediately after killing him so he wouldnt turn.

2) Wait next to shane just in case.

3) Never turn his back on him like he did in the episode, then be surprised that it happened.

I agree to point, The CDC fellow may have told Rick we all have the virus I don'tt know I did not hear it. I do know whatever it was it was brief. It could very well be. I had forgotten about it to be honest. At the time Rick had bigger problems like getting his people out of a building that was going to explode. Also really how is a backwater sheriff going to be able to determine that what he was told meant all people will become a walker when they die. "We all have the virus" could mean anything. What abut all the dead people we have seen on the road and in cars. Why did they not become walkers? Could it be the virus has mutated and now all the dead people have woken up and that is why the farm is about to be swarmed? I really hope they give us some answers before the finale.

Also my wife has a hunch that the leader of Randal's group is Meryl. I asked her why she thought that and she said we do not know if he is dead or alive, but if he is alive it would be classic that him having the opportunity to get some revenge for being left on the roof.

#32 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hmm you do have a good point.

Comic spoilers.
Spoiler

Regarding Randalls group leader.

I personally believe its going to be the Governor from the comics, who is basically a murderous, theiving, rapist leader of a small settlement of humans who will do anything to make sure they survive. Imagine a whole town full of shanes with no off switch and there leader is a super shane.

The reason i believe this is because during the bar scene with the philly survivors , the dialogue between rick and the main guy was pretty much straight out of the interrogation scene between rick and the governor in the comics.
The rumor that someone has been cast and hired for the role of "The Gov" also doesnt bode well for this, as the introduction of "The Gov" will mean huge changes for the show and the cast.

#33 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Also my wife has a hunch that the leader of Randal's group is Meryl. I asked her why she thought that and she said we do not know if he is dead or alive, but if he is alive it would be classic that him having the opportunity to get some revenge for being left on the roof.

My co-workers and I were saying that exact same thing. It would be kind of a shocker as they really haven't discussed him for a while and then he would pop up as the leader of some thug group.

- Merg

#34 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

1) Shot/Stabbed Shane in the head immediately after killing him so he wouldn't turn.

2) Wait next to Shane just in case.

I'll have to watch the end scene again, but from what I thought I remember, Rick killed Shane and then it looked to me like he was standing there waiting for something (I figured he was waiting on Shane to turn). The only reason he turned his back was because Carl walked up.

Speaking of Carl, does anyone watch that boy? Dale was just killed by the walker Carl released in the swamp and as far as anyone knows, Randall just escaped, knocked out Shane and took his gun. Yet there is Carl, walking around in the middle of the field at night.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#35 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yeah there lack of supervising Carl really boggles my mind, but ultimately i just chalk it up to bad writing (like the writers oversite regarding shane cutting his hand with an infected knife).

And yeah in the episode he does stick around Shane after hes dead, but i took it more like he stayed there because he was distraught by the situation rather then staying to make sure he doesnt turn.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telescoping mast

Protected By... spam firewall...And...