Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Cheapest option to get FoxSW

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm thinking of getting satellite for the sole purpose of watching Houston sports teams on FoxSW, wondering what would be the cheapest way to do this.

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

1 TV standard definition non dvr receiver with choice (assuming it's your RSN).
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

1 TV standard definition non dvr receiver with choice (assuming it's your RSN).

or go HD and get it free with auto bill pay.

But the new CSN Huston is coming but comcast may just dick around and put it on that cable only Css or put the over flow games on CSS.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#4 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

or go HD and get it free with auto bill pay.

But the new CSN Huston is coming but comcast may just dick around and put it on that cable only Css or put the over flow games on CSS.

No longer free for life so eventually it would be more expensive. However after seeing him post on both sides of the forum and no follow up I doubt there is really much interest.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

Also, it seems, per previous posts, he's in northern TX, so he wouldn't get Houston sports anyway...
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#6 OFFLINE   cmich

cmich

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

he could get his services reconfigured to be local to where he wants his sports

#7 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,026 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

he could get his services reconfigured to be local to where he wants his sports

Texas is a big state. "Moving" is not always an option.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#8 OFFLINE   cmich

cmich

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

u just need a new service address.....keep the same billing address

#9 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Suggesting lying about the service address is against DirecTV and this forum's rules.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#10 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,989 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Like Coldsteel said, lying about your service address is against DirecTV's terms of service. Talking about things that are against DirecTV's terms of service is against forum rules here.

But to expand on what Harsh said. Lying about your service address might not be a very good idea. You might be able to get the regional sports net you were trying to get, but you very well could end up losing all of your local channels if you end up outside their spotbeam footprint.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#11 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

@hat sucks is since I live in north texas I can't watch the Astros even if I buy the mlb package .... I tired and a no go since I'm in their "viewing" area. So I'm at the point of where either a)I don't watch them or b)find a creative way to do so

Hence me asking for advice. Thanks for all the replies.

#12 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

@hat sucks is since I live in north texas I can't watch the Astros even if I buy the mlb package .... I tired and a no go since I'm in their "viewing" area. So I'm at the point of where either a)I don't watch them or b)find a creative way to do so

Hence me asking for advice. Thanks for all the replies.

Why cant you just subscribe to the sports pack? All the RSN's that claim your area as a "home" area, are supposed to be non-blacked out. Unless something is different this year.

I know here the Astro's, Rangers, Royals, and Cardinals claim us, and the sports pack gets me FS Houston part time, FS Midwest, and my default RSN is FS Southwest. That about covers all those teams.

Did they change the rules this year?

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#13 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,048 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

I think we get Astros games here....I'm in North Texas, too.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#14 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I think we get Astros games here....I'm in North Texas, too.

Who do you have for service? I have fios and get less than 20% of the games. Just kinda of frustrating b/c I'm willing to pay for service but there's is nothing I can buy to watch the games b/c of the blackout.

#15 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,048 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Who do you have for service? I have fios and get less than 20% of the games. Just kinda of frustrating b/c I'm willing to pay for service but there's is nothing I can buy to watch the games b/c of the blackout.

DirecTV. I also have Extra Innings and Sports Pack...not for the Astros, though.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#16 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

DirecTV. I also have Extra Innings and Sports Pack...not for the Astros, though.

Probably don't know the answer to this question but do you get all games or just 1 or 2 a week?

#17 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,048 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Probably don't know the answer to this question but do you get all games or just 1 or 2 a week?

All of them. There's a part time channel for Fox Sports Southwest Houston for games.

#18 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

All of them. There's a part time channel for Fox Sports Southwest Houston for games.

what about basketball games? Rockets? Thanks for your input so far, thinking of calling directv tomorrow to get install going.

#19 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,048 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

what about basketball games? Rockets? Thanks for your input so far, thinking of calling directv tomorrow to get install going.

You will definitely need League Pass for Rockets games.

#20 OFFLINE   yes_sir

yes_sir

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

You will definitely need League Pass for Rockets games.

Thought so, but at least I'm halfway there. So back to original question, what is the cheapest way to get FoxSW on directtv?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...