Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Quote Notifications

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Is there any way to get this turned on? They use it over at Macrumors and it is a nice feature.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 619 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Is there any way to get this turned on? They use it over at Macrumors and it is a nice feature.

Quote notification, where you are notified if somebody quotes your post, is not available in standard vBulletin, the software used for this forum, as well as MacRumors. I've read there is a mod available for vB 3.X but I don't think it's ever been updated for 4.x, should they update beyond the current vB version being run here.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Yeah, I like that feature as well. I looked over on VBulletin.org but couldn't find the mod. Anyone know where it is? I will look into it.

#4 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,724 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Pretty awesome feature... :)

~Alan

spam firewall