Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper External Hard Drive

direct cinema ppv

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   slightwv

slightwv

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for that info. I think I like that option better since there is less of a chance of trashing the original.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   slightwv

slightwv

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

P Smith,

You rock! It worked perfectly!

#143 OFFLINE   Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

I had the hopper and three joeys installed last week and I have three WD EHD's I used with my old 922. The hopper sees all three EHD's in the transfer section but for viewing programs I can only see and use two drives,any ideas as to why I can't view programs on that third drive? I'm using a powered usb hub.

#144 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

I had the hopper and three joeys installed last week and I have three WD EHD's I used with my old 922. The hopper sees all three EHD's in the transfer section but for viewing programs I can only see and use two drives,any ideas as to why I can't view programs on that third drive? I'm using a powered usb hub.

That is a software limitation. The hopper can only display two external drives in the recordings screen.
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#145 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

You know, after a year, the one remaining EHD we have still doesn't get recognized by either Hopper no matter what. Oh, well... I'm pretty much sure it doesn't matter anymore, but it would have been a nice thing to have. :)

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#146 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,964 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

You know, after a year, the one remaining EHD we have still doesn't get recognized by either Hopper no matter what. Oh, well... I'm pretty much sure it doesn't matter anymore, but it would have been a nice thing to have. :)

Scott

you have a good chance to recover your recordings by using Linux (search for the method by a keyword "DishArc")

#147 OFFLINE   fudpucker

fudpucker

Godfather

• Registered
  • 690 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

I have a 1T EHD with a lot of programming on it, and we are close to moving from our 722/612/612 setup to a Hopper w Sling/Hopper/Joey setup. My understanding is that the Hopper will recognize the EHD if it was formatted by the 722 - will it recognize it if it was formatted by the 612? I don't recall which IRD I used to format it - is there a way to tell?

Thanks

#148 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,964 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

It should, if It Will Ask For Format Again, Cancel And Go With Linux/disharc Route.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...