Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

seniority tech bonus?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

I have heard from some other techs that Directv sends out a seniority bonus check every year for techs? Is this True?
DIRECTV Technician
-------------------------------------------
My opinions are mine and do not reflect those of either my HSP or DIRECTV.BUT SHOULD BE!!!
Worker rights!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MrShowtime

MrShowtime

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:22 PM

we got a check one time like 3 years ago i think, was around christmas time. I forget how much it was, I think 250-500 maybe? It wasn't a big amount but it was nice. I work for an hsp though, not an O&O but they said the check was from dtv.

#3 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

i remember that it was nice help out alot.... I was told the seniority bonus is alot of cash. i want to b sure if this is true and ask why we dont get it
DIRECTV Technician
My opinions are mine and do not reflect those of either my HSP or DIRECTV.BUT SHOULD BE!!!
Worker rights!

#4 OFFLINE   MrShowtime

MrShowtime

Legend

• Registered
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

ah i've never heard of anything like that

#5 OFFLINE   Tisby

Tisby

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

No senority bonus. We did get a payment from D* even though we are HSP a couple years ago. Turnover was horrific and they were trying to stem the tide. My office is mostly veteran techs, but a lot of the other offices had people stick around until that extra bit of money came through and then leave...

#6 OFFLINE   dkouz

dkouz

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

My HSP gives $250 * years of service on your anniversary date. Our shop is union and the bonus is not included in the contract, so no bonus for us...

#7 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

you damn well know that you/we needed a union... my hsp gave us plenty of reasons to vote in a union. At least I am treated like mud on boots instead of poo on boots
DIRECTV Technician
Worker rights!

#8 OFFLINE   tangsoo

tangsoo

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

My HSP gives $250 * years of service on your anniversary date. Our shop is union and the bonus is not included in the contract, so no bonus for us...

How has being union worked out for you and your co-workers? I'm home services (does that mean hsp ?) and in my area we do pretty well for ourselves overall, but sometimes me and the other guys in my area get pretty jerked around and I wonder to myself if going union would help or hurt.

Btw I'm not a new tech but am a little new to the forum, is there a thread with a list of acronyms used on here? I have most of them figured out but just wondered. Also is there an installers area

Go DTV!

#9 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:13 AM

Btw I'm not a new tech but am a little new to the forum, is there a thread with a list of acronyms used on here? I have most of them figured out but just wondered. Also is there an installers area

Go DTV!

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=200024

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=155654
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#10 OFFLINE   Nabisco

Nabisco

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

A good union would help, it would put you in a spot where u have rights and you can stand up if you have something to say without fear of them giving you service call all week or them throwing the book at you
DIRECTV Technician
Worker rights!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...