Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

922 Sling "Fiasco"

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

I see it as you can't make it opposite.
Your opinion based on pretty much extensive wording: no technical background, no internal functionality knowledge ...

If you can't post any proof, then I'll consider this a done discussion. No sense in beating the dead horse and arguing over your opinion.

You have stated an opinion and attempted to assert it as fact with zero factual evidence to back up claims of a fiasco.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,097 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Yep. When the discussion gets to the "my invisible resume is stronger than yours" argument it is no longer a discussion of facts or opinion.

#63 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,973 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

I think it was initial mistake to stir separate discussion of the aspect.
OK, it was my opinion (what else you want to see on the site ?), it was mention in between lines somewhere ...

#64 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

Sorry, but you're hopping on the wrong train.

I never said the 922 was a successful endeavor. It had enough problems and lack of support from Dish that probably has it on its last legs.

But... P Smith has asserted that embedded Sling on the 922 was a fiasco. I've asked him to prove his assertion. He fails to do that.

I don't need to prove the 922 has a future, as you ask, because I never said it did. I think it is clear the Hopper/Joey is intended to replace all of Dish receivers going forward until they come up with something better perhaps in a few years... so they may start backing away from things like the 922.

But that doesn't make the 922 or embedded Sling a fiasco. I've seen no proof of that.

No support from DISH?.I must have imagined my guide logos being updated 3 times since I bought my 922/wMT2,also the latest rumor from the other place is BBMP is coming to the 922 in April,2012.I will let you know if it does.;):D

Yes embedded sling is a "fiasco"!,or the suits at DISH wanted to increase profits per receiver and less costs?.You decide?;)

#65 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

No support from DISH?.I must have imagined my guide logos being updated 3 times since I bought my 922/wMT2,also the latest rumor from the other place is BBMP is coming to the 922 in April,2012.I will let you know if it does.;):D

Yes embedded sling is a "fiasco"!,or the suits at DISH wanted to increase profits per receiver and less costs?.You decide?;)

Something isn't a "fiasco" just because you decide to stop doing it. All the 922 problems that could be considered fiasco-like, I wouldn't say embedded Sling is one of them and haven't seen any proof to support that.

I believe they are still working on updates to the 922, and hope for Blockbuster support... but am pretty sure that all the original stuff planned for the 922 has been tabled. All the Web-enabled stuff like being able to search the Internet and IMDB for info on movies and such... I'm pretty sure that is never going to happen now.

I'll grant you that some of how Dish has treated the 922 (especially marketing or lack thereof) might could be considered a fiasco. Certainly much moreso than embedded Sling.

#66 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Something isn't a "fiasco" just because you decide to stop doing it. All the 922 problems that could be considered fiasco-like, I wouldn't say embedded Sling is one of them and haven't seen any proof to support that.

I believe they are still working on updates to the 922, and hope for Blockbuster support... but am pretty sure that all the original stuff planned for the 922 has been tabled. All the Web-enabled stuff like being able to search the Internet and IMDB for info on movies and such... I'm pretty sure that is never going to happen now.

I'll grant you that some of how Dish has treated the 922 (especially marketing or lack thereof) might could be considered a fiasco. Certainly much moreso than embedded Sling.

Yes I agree,all I know if it is a fiasco(how can it be because it works good) I sure have enjoyed using it so far,everything has worked good on my 922/wMT2.:D

Everyone should have realized no Web-enabled stuff when DISH decided to not bring out the keyboard.:confused:;)

But there is still internet apps.:)

#67 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,785 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Yes I agree,all I know if it is a fiasco(how can it be because it works good) I sure have enjoyed using it so far,everything has worked good on my 922/wMT2.:D

Everyone should have realized no Web-enabled stuff when DISH decided to not bring out the keyboard.:confused:;)

But there is still internet apps.:)

Yep... and do you remember the original CES show talk was also about supporting a wireless monitor in another room. That never happened either.

#68 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yep... and do you remember the original CES show talk was also about supporting a wireless monitor in another room. That never happened either.

Well? it sounded good!.;):D

Think that idea went the way of the HIC on the Hopper&Joey?.;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...