Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NHL Center Ice Package on Dish Network

vip722

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jonnones

jonnones

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Looking for answers to a couple of questions:

1. Does Disk Network show selected games in the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs in their Center Ice Package? I got one representative to confirm this, and another to deny it. According to their last contract renewal press release with NHL in 2007, they do (search Dish press releases for NHL). Also, this is posted on the NHL.com website (search NHL and Dish Network).

2. I had a rep say that they broadcast all games in HD if they're available, but there site says only a select few. Which is correct?

If anyone with this package on Dish can answer, I'd be very grateful.

Jon

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 663 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

I don't have Dish, but all NHL playoff games this year will be shown nationally for the first time on channels like NBCSN and others in the NBC Universal family so no playoff games will be on NHLCI for anybody.

#3 OFFLINE   jonnones

jonnones

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

But where did you hear this? Do you have a link to a schedule?

I ask because I have to decide whether to buy the remaining regular season games for $80 so I'm sure I won't miss any of my team's playoff games.

#4 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

i wouldnt by now only 3 weeks left in season your better bet would to sign up for NHL game center live and check the 19.95 option.

they are promos of the NHL playoffs on NBC SP when games are on.

NBC NBC SP CNBC NHL NET are doing playoff games.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#5 OFFLINE   jonnones

jonnones

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Never mind, I just saw an article on SportsBusinessDaily. From the article: "All playoff games, including first-round games, will be seen on either NBC, NBC Sports Network, CNBC or the NHL Network." Thanks guys!

#6 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

I bought NHL Center Ice this season, and now that playoffs are here I am afraid I will miss some of the games because NBC Sports net is only allowing 2-1/2 hours for the first game, so any long game or OT game will cut into the 2nd game which is the one I want to watch. This really sucks. The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with Versus, the early game goes into OT and you are screwed out of 1/2 the 2nd game. I paid for Center Ice now that playoffs are here I can't watch my full game.

#7 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Most of the possible overlap looks like it will be limited to NBC Sports Network (formerly Versus). I don't know how Dish will do it, but on DirecTv there is an alternate channel for the later game to handle a potential conflict.

http://nbcsports.msn...om/id/46907840?

#8 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Pens/Flyers went OT on NBC Sports last night, 2nd game started at 10:30. There was plenty of time before 2nd game started, I believe it would have gotten moved to CNBC if needed until 1st game ended.

#9 OFFLINE   eriksat1

eriksat1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

I wanted to watch the Blackhawks Coyote game and had to sit through the whole Bruins-Caps game including OT then also watch the Bruins-Caps post game wrap up while missing over 15 mins of the 1st period before they switched over to the Blackhawks game. NBC sports can kiss my @ss.

Edited by eriksat1, 13 April 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

I wanted to watch the Blackhawks Coyote game and had to sit through the whole Bruins-Caps game including OT then also watch the Bruins-Caps post game wrap up while missing over 15 mins of the 1st period before they switched over to the Blackhawks game. NBC sports can kiss my @ss.

Again, there are alternate feeds available, as NBC Sports is just using the RSN of one of the teams. Perhaps Dish can see about picking up or opening up those feeds, so you don't miss any games

#11 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Did you try looking for the game on one of the other networks? It's possible that the beginning of the game could have been on CNBC.

Don't go by the EPG, last minute changes will not be reflected in the EPG. You have to tune to the other networks to see if it's on.
An E* subscriber continuously since February 1997.

#12 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

It also looks like the NBC family of sports channels is trying to help out, as the Kings/Canucks games was slated for a 7pm PST start last night but didn't get underway until about 7:25pm, after the Pens game was over.

So they may be delaying the start of the late game so that no one misses any coverage. I guess scheduling the games 3 to 3 1/2 hours apart when they are to be on the same channel is too tough.

spam firewall