Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

129 lnb connected but showing N.C.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   paintpol13

paintpol13

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

i have dish 500+ with the new style dish pro plus lnb with 110,119,and 118 locked on...i wanna add 129 with the bracket it came with to get more hd channels..so i aded it onto my setup and the switch recognizes it but its saying status: N.C. instead of DB+...i noticed that there are also newer DP single lnb with the blue ports...would that help me get hd channels? the 129 lnb i have now has two white ports and i heard that using the blue ports will make my receiver get hd channels?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,901 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Did you run a checkswitch after you added the LNB?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   paintpol13

paintpol13

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

yes i did..its showing up with 110,119,118 as "ok" and status: "DB+" then 129 says "ok" then N.C. what does DB+ and N.C. mean?

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

It means the switch is showing the lnb is connected, but not seeing the sat. You need to adjust the lnb/dish to get the signal.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,901 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

That makes it sound like a dish alignment issue then... and if so, that means either the add-on bracket could be attached incorrectly OR the dish itself wasn't properly aligned for 110/118/119 previously.

#6 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

Or, being that your in Mass, a tree could be blocking 129 - it's extremely low in the sky up there.

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,901 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Or, being that your in Mass, a tree could be blocking 129 - it's extremely low in the sky up there.

Also possible. IF that is the case, your only option to get 129 would be a separate wing dish that you could mount somewhere that would clear the obstruction (if you determine that to be the problem).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...