Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new 722k what dish do I need?

vod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vill59

vill59

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi all I upgraded my service to HD with a new 722k, but I have and old dish getting only 110 and 119. Do I need a new 100.4 wa dish? The reason I ask is I hooked up the reciever and get nothing but a jumbled picture on my tv that worked with old dish:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   vill59

vill59

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

I see after further browsing I have posted in the wrong forum sorry about that...Maybe a Mod can move it?;)

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

What connections are you using? And yes, you need either a 1000.4 or 1000.2 WA dish.

#4 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

You will need another/new dish to get all the HD since for western arc you need 110/119/129 to get everything.

But, that doesn't explain the jumbled picture problem. You should be able to get the same 110/119 channels you were getting before if everything is ok.

What receiver did you replace?

If you replaced a single-tuner receiver, then you probably only had one coax to the receiver. You need either two feeds to a 722K OR you can use the DPP separator IF you have DPP LNBs on the roof. It is possible you have older/legacy LNBs that don't work with the separator, and that could explain the jumble.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm thinking OP may be using the rf out and did not rescan the tv to find the output channel of the new receiver.

#6 OFFLINE   vill59

vill59

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Hey thanks for the info I do have old lnbs with a switch , looks like I need a new dish :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vod

spam firewall