Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper + Slingbox-Pro + Ipad Dish App?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scottmail

scottmail

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I had the Hopper installed and that went wonderfully. Now I am trying to use my Slingbox-Pro with the Hopper using the Dish app on the Ipad. It says Invalid Finder ID. This worked just fine with the ViP-722K.

I can still use the $30 App from Sling, but I really wanted to use the Dish App. I contated Dish and support passed me to Sling Media. I contacted Sling Media and support passed me to Dish.

Any thoughts?

Edited by scottmail, 18 March 2012 - 01:24 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Sling App with Slingbox Pro, Dish App with 922 or Dish USB Sling Adapter. That's all.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I am having this same problem. Invalid finderID with slinbox usb adapter. Is there a solution?

Edited by Calvin386, 08 November 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   jtp1947

jtp1947

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

I had Hopper installed yesterday and my Dish app would not recognize my sling adapter I had for my 722, it was still showing my 722 receiver # instead of the Hopper. I had to delete my Dish app and then re-install it using my Hopper's receiver #. I then re-booted the system. It works fine now.

Edited by jtp1947, 08 November 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Please PM me your receiver number so I can submit a trouble report to our engineers. There are a few receivers that display this error when attempting to sling while away from their home network. Please let me know. Thanks.

I am having this same problem. Invalid finderID with slinbox usb adapter. Is there a solution?

#6 OFFLINE   Calvin386

Calvin386

Godfather

• Registered
  • 282 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

PM sent

#7 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I had the Hopper installed and that went wonderfully. Now I am trying to use my Slingbox-Pro with the Hopper using the Dish app on the Ipad. It says Invalid Finder ID. This worked just fine with the ViP-722K.

I can still use the $30 App from Sling, but I really wanted to use the Dish App. I contated Dish and support passed me to Sling Media. I contacted Sling Media and support passed me to Dish.

Any thoughts?

The DISH app will not work with any of the other Sling devices besides the Sling Adapter and the ViP922 receiver. If you subscribe to Blockbuster @Home you will still be able to access the On Demand movies using the DISH Remote Access iPad app, but will not be able to stream live TV or DVR recordings unless you are using the app from Sling.

spam firewall