Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722k Duo Receiver - DVD player to play on second TV?!?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DigitalGENOcyde

DigitalGENOcyde

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Ok so I've previously read the entire manual, but now cannot find it anywhere... I thought I saw something where you possibly can connect a DVD player (The table of contents says a VCR though) and have it display on the second TV when it's setup as a dual tuner.

I checked the manual on the Dish Network site and it's missing pages in the PDF document.

CAN ANYONE PLEEEEASE ASSIST?!?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

No.

That reference in the manual was for connecting a VCR to the output of the Dish receiver and having the Dish receiver control the starting and stopping of the VCR recordings via an IR emitter on the front of the receiver.

This is an anacronism from before DVR days, probably not enabled anymore and who has a working VCR anymore?

There are NO usable inputs on any Dish DVR's that would allow any other device to send signal to the DVR.

Some older SD receivers had an RF input that was passed through to your TV for antenna or other connection.

Only SD TiVos are capable of recording inputs and these are only component inputs where you can attach such a device as you mention.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#3 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

+1

A Dish DVR does not in anyway allow you to see at DVD player from TV1 at TV2 location.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...