Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PTAT question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   916ajp

916ajp

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

I live in the Sacramento locals market. Our CBS affiliate starts their primetime one hour early. Example; How I Met You Mother starts at 7:00PM on Mondays, Survivor starts at 7:00PM on Wednesday, etc. Will the Hopper recognize this or do I need to set those programs up to record like a non PTAT show?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,916 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

PTA is controlling by dish, not by Sacramento or San Francisco's time. I'm doubt you will see your desired adjustment.

#3 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:20 AM

It's set up for 8-11 or 7-10, whichever is used in your time zone. If the stations in a market aren't all on the same PT hours, I think it would depend on Dish catching the difference. The EPG will have a PT timer icon for the shows that will be included in the PTAT recording, so you'll know in advance.

More info at http://www.dishuser.org/ptat.php
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#4 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:24 AM

The EPG will have a PT timer icon for the shows that will be included in the PTAT recording, so you'll know in advance.

More info at http://www.dishuser.org/ptat.php

I see that on the Hopper EPG but not the Joeys.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#5 OFFLINE   steff3

steff3

Legend

• Registered
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

I live in the Sacramento locals market. Our CBS affiliate starts their primetime one hour early. Example; How I Met You Mother starts at 7:00PM on Mondays, Survivor starts at 7:00PM on Wednesday, etc. Will the Hopper recognize this or do I need to set those programs up to record like a non PTAT show?

This is a question I was also curious about. I am in the Sacramento locals area as well where CBS PT begins at 7 PM and the other three begin at 8PM. My install is Wednesday so will find out Wednesday night. At the worst I suppose the 7 - 8 PM programs will may need to be programmed to record if desired.

#6 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

I see that on the Hopper EPG but not the Joeys.

That's bizarre, we might have our first bug attributable to the Joey. Do the Joeys show a timer icon for regular DVR events created on the Hopper?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#7 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

That's bizarre, we might have our first bug attributable to the Joey. Do the Joeys show a timer icon for regular DVR events created on the Hopper?

They're all showing up on all 3 devices now. I guess you need to wait a couple of days to turn on PTAT. :lol: I turned it on the 1st day. Just now I disabled it and then enabled it and all timer icons are on all EPGs regardless of which box was used to set the timer. Ain't early adepterating fun.:P
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...