Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Walking Dead finale

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

The introduction of Michonne was spectacular!

http://walkingdead.w...nne_(TV_Series)

It freaked me out in an Awesome way. Never read the comics but ordered the first 24 issues in the series last night from Amazon:)

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Exactly. What happened to our military? Wiped out? Ships? Subs? Finding some more weapons and ammo should now be a priority.

And why are they hanging around just outside of Atlanta near a heavily populated area of the south. They should be heading for the mountains or the coast.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that our military would succumb to walkers, regardless of quantity. But then again, all we've seen so far is a fairly small area of the country.

#23 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, I have a hard time believing that our military would succumb to walkers, regardless of quantity. But then again, all we've seen so far is a fairly small area of the country.

I remember reading studies that point out that if a zombie outbreak did happen in the US if its not dealt with with in the first 3 or so days we would be over taken with in a 2 week span of time lol.

#24 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

I remember reading studies that point out that if a zombie outbreak did happen in the US if its not dealt with with in the first 3 or so days we would be over taken with in a 2 week span of time lol.

Do the Walking Dead comics ever explain how the virus gets started?

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#25 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

I stopped reading them after the prison redux arc (second portion of the prison arc), I didnt want to know who else from the main cast might die in the show due to the comic lol.
Up till that point the characters dont really know anything about the virus, The only people who have an idea that it might be airborne are Rick and Tyrese (Awesome character whos missing in the show :( )
edit:
Heres something kirkman said on the subject on the virus

..the rule is: WHATEVER it is that causes the zombies, is something everyone already has. If you stub your toe, get an infection and die ... you turn into a zombie. UNLESS your brain is damaged. If someone shoots you in the head and you die ...you're dead. A zombie bite kills you because of infection, or blood loss ... not because of the zombie "virus".

#26 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

Why do I just know that that study was paid for by the US Government. :nono2:

#27 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

I think that was just to show us how that one here started. That might be the very same helicopter that Rick had seen in season 1.

- Merg

Glen Mazzara was asked:

"You said the helicopter in the finale is the same one Rick sees. Is it at the same time & just takes the herd that long?"

Glen Mazzara :

"Yes."

Edited by BubblePuppy, 21 March 2012 - 12:17 AM.

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#28 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

This might disappoint some viewers.

"@Be_Juicy Will we ever see how the apocalypse just started. While Rick was in the hospital?"
Glen Mazzara: "I have no plans to show that."

Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#29 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Meh.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#30 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

I just downloaded an Android game based in the series. It is more an interactive comic than a traditional game.

Pretty cool.

It is a prequel. You are Shane trying to get out of town and save people and such.

Can't get enough of the franchise. :lol:

I'm also started to watch the webisodes at AMC web site.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#31 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

Can't get enough of the franchise. :lol:

Haha same here. I'm now totally hooked and I haven't even read the comics (yet). They can do so much with this franchise. I don't know why they wasted so many damn episodes looking for Sophia or hanging around the farm. Season One was some of the best 6 episodes of anything EVER! I'm ready for some other stories like different cities, countries, characters, prequels, what happened to the military, etc...

It will never get old! :D

#32 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:22 AM

I just watched the webisodes. Those were pretty darn good. It's interesting watching a story when you truely already know the outcome.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#33 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I don't know why they wasted so many damn episodes looking for Sophia or hanging around the farm.

It definitely slowed down the story ... but the effect of seeing Sophia walk out of the barn as a walker had much more impact because they had spent so much energy and hope on the search.

Tangentially, I just watched "28 days" and it was pretty good too. Also, "Doomsday preppers" in NATGEO. They have not used the zombie excuse yet for their preparations ... yet! :lol:

Edited by koji68, 23 March 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#34 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,491 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

It definitely slowed down the story ... but the effect of seeing Sophia walk out of the barn as a walker had much more impact because they had spent so much energy and hope on the search.

Tangentially, I just watched "28 days" and it was pretty good too. Also, "Doomsday preppers" in NATGEO. They have not used the zombie excuse yet for their preparations ... yet! :lol:

I could have sworn on this past episode of "Doomsday Bunkers" the narrator said something like some are prepping bunkers for a Zombie Apocalypse.

Pioneer VSX-1120
Comcast Triple Play

#35 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

I also just watched 28 Days. Not bad. I heard 28 Weeks Later was even better. I saw the first 10 minutes and it was pretty intense.

#36 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:13 PM

I also just watched 28 Days. Not bad. I heard 28 Weeks Later was even better. I saw the first 10 minutes and it was pretty intense.

28 Weeks Later was well done as well.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#37 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

I love the dead. Wait... I mean I love the movies about the dea... no that still doesn't..
You know what I mean

#38 OFFLINE   veschler

veschler

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

This season worried me with Darabont leaving but the finale go me hooked again!

spam firewall