Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad (1.5.x) with DIRECTV Everywhere - Issues and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   manofsteele

manofsteele

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

Thats what i figured just had to get it off my chest

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,227 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

When viewing the PlayList on the iPad app, I noticed that some recordings are missing. I verified that the series/episodes are still on the original DVR and also checked that the shows appear on the PlayList of a remote DVR. I cannot find anything in common with the missing shows, such as recorded after a certain time.

In this case, the missing shows are three whole folders of episodes of three shows and two single episodes of other shows (of which I only had those single episodes recorded).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#203 OFFLINE   gpg

gpg

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

Anyone else having trouble today with TNT and CNN? I'm getting user authentication errors with both.
HR24-200,HR23-700,HR21-200, HR21-100, HR34-700,
Sony KDS-R50XBR1,HDMI, LG 37LH40,HDMI Vizio 390-A1,HDMI,Sony KDL-40NX711, HDMI, Vizio VO320E, HDMI, SWM16 with DECA,
Sony STR-DG1000 AV Receiver optical cable connection for HR24-200, GenieGo

#204 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Both TNT and CNN are working just fine for me.

#205 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Is it just me or are the dates on "channel guide" panes in European format for everyone? Either I never noticed or they somehow changed recently but my dates are backwards. For instance July 8th's shows are displayed as being "On Sun, 8/7" and the 9th's are "On Monday, 9/7". I can't find anywhere to change this.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#206 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Is it just me or are the dates on "channel guide" panes in European format for everyone? Either I never noticed or they somehow changed recently but my dates are backwards. For instance July 8th's shows are displayed as being "On Sun, 8/7" and the 9th's are "On Monday, 9/7". I can't find anywhere to change this.

I don't have that issue, maybe close the app and relaunch?

Attached Thumbnails

• image-218741246.jpg
  • image-2100326529.jpg

#207 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

I don't have that issue, maybe close the app and relaunch?

I've done that many times.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#208 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,719 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

I have that issue. This is the first I've noticed it.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#209 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

I've done that many times.

Have you pulled up the apps bar or whatever it's called and held the icon down and then hard closed it?

How about logging out and back in?

I looked and didn't see any place where you change that in the app either.

The only other thing I can think of is if it takes it's que on that from the iPads date format and that somehow that got changed in the iPad settings. Maybe change that setting to something else and back.

#210 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I changed my localization settings to United Kingdom then back to United States. Closed the app in the multitasking bar. Re open it and it's still in DD/MM format.

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#211 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Have you pulled up the apps bar or whatever it's called and held the icon down and then hard closed it?

How about logging out and back in?

I looked and didn't see any place where you change that in the app either.

The only other thing I can think of is if it takes it's que on that from the iPads date format and that somehow that got changed in the iPad settings. Maybe change that setting to something else and back.

Of course I've done all that. I wasn't born yesterday and I know how to use an iPad. Another user has posted that he has the issue so clearly it's not something I'm doing wrong.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#212 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I changed my localization settings to United Kingdom then back to United States. Closed the app in the multitasking bar. Re open it and it's still in DD/MM format.

Is your iPad jailbroken? I've got this happening on an iPad 1 and an iPad 3 and they are both jailbroken.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#213 OFFLINE   zmancartfan

zmancartfan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Just replicated the issue. Mine was displaying in the proper US format, but I changed the default date settings to United Kingdom, and the DirecTV app changed the date format accordingly. When I changed back to the US setting it went back to correct.

Go to Settings - General - International - Region Format and make sure that United States is selected. I had to completely close out the DirecTV app (double click the home button and then hold the app until it allowed me to close it by clicking the X) and then restart it to get the dates to switch back and forth.

May be worth a shot!

Non jail broken iPad for me, by the way.

#214 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Just replicated the issue. Mine was displaying in the proper US format, but I changed the default date settings to United Kingdom, and the DirecTV app changed the date format accordingly. When I changed back to the US setting it went back to correct.

Go to Settings - General - International - Region Format and make sure that United States is selected. I had to completely close out the DirecTV app (double click the home button and then hold the app until it allowed me to close it by clicking the X) and then restart it to get the dates to switch back and forth.

May be worth a shot!

Non jail broken iPad for me, by the way.

Yup, US is selected, has been selected and was re-selected after choosing UK and a few others. I've rebooted and everything...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#215 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

Of course I've done all that. I wasn't born yesterday and I know how to use an iPad. Another user has posted that he has the issue so clearly it's not something I'm doing wrong.

None of those suggest you did something wrong...

#216 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

None of those suggest you did something wrong...

No, it implies that you think I'm an idiot.

Please put me on your ignore list.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#217 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,653 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

No, it implies that you think I'm an idiot.

Please put me on your ignore list.

Well I don't. And I don't use my ignore list.

#218 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Is your iPad jailbroken? I've got this happening on an iPad 1 and an iPad 3 and they are both jailbroken.

Yes but it never did it before.

You know what I forgot though is when you go to the regional setup, I did change it to UK and then back, but the DirecTV app was still open in the multi-tasking bar.

When I get home from work I'll try closing it from there, THEN change to UK, completely exit out of the settings app, then go back in and change it to US, then reboot, then open the app.

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#219 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

Yes but it never did it before.

You know what I forgot though is when you go to the regional setup, I did change it to UK and then back, but the DirecTV app was still open in the multi-tasking bar.

When I get home from work I'll try closing it from there, THEN change to UK, completely exit out of the settings app, then go back in and change it to US, then reboot, then open the app.

I've tried that already, no go. I guess maybe I'll un-jailbreak one today so I can rule out the jailbreak.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#220 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,675 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

I've tried that already, no go. I guess maybe I'll un-jailbreak one today so I can rule out the jailbreak.

I did an iOS restore on my iPad 1 to remove the jailbreak and the dates are now displayed correctly. Must be xCon...
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall