Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad (1.5.x) with DIRECTV Everywhere - Issues and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Make sure that in the system setup, under Whole Home, that External Devices is set to "Allow."
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Great job Stuart!

JACK,

#43 OFFLINE   DarekP

DarekP

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

Anyone help here?

When I'm on wifi at home, it says no DVRs connected.. But my DVR has an IP and I can ping it. I've got 2 HR23s.

Any idea?

I have the same problem: No DVRs connected.
Whole-Home, External Device set to Allow on all receivers.
AU9-S
Two SWM8s
Four HR20-700's
One HR21-200
One HR24-500

#44 OFFLINE   xcr440sp

xcr440sp

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

+1 for an Android app.

I'd just be happy if I could get my Nomad ap that's been "coming soon to Android" for how long?

#45 OFFLINE   scottjf8

scottjf8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Make sure that in the system setup, under Whole Home, that External Devices is set to "Allow."

Yup, it is.

#46 OFFLINE   scottjf8

scottjf8

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

So I manually put in the IP address of my DVR and it worked. Then I went off wifi and back in, and the info was gone and the app was broke.

Wtf?

#47 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

what does jailbreaking the iPad get you?

For me, lots of great OS patches my favorites being no lock, screen on while charging (not a good idea for the iPad 3 but great for an iPhone), NO spotlight search, profiles based on location, time, date, whether your near WIFI (turns off cell data), lots of themes and many many other nice OS patches. If you're not into that type of customization then it's not worth it. Sorta like rooting and custom roms and custom themes.

#48 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Pretty sweet! Is doing this on a PC laptop even in the cards?

This is available on laptops and PC's also. Just log into your account there is a download you can install.

#49 OFFLINE   mortimer

mortimer

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

xCon does work, but it hasn't been updated to work with this brand new version. I guess we will have to wait a few days.

Thanks. Hopefully it won't take too long to update. I notice that this app was developed originally for the DirecTV app, and later expanded to others, so I would hope the author has a vested interest in fixing it up quickly :)
Living Room
HR21-700 HD DVR
Sony KDS-60A3000 60" LCD Rear Projection TV
TVIX 4100SH HD Media Receiver

Master Bedroom
HR20-700 HD DVR
Dell 24" LCD monitor

Man Cave
H21 HD Receiver
50" Toshiba HD RPTV

#50 OFFLINE   bones boy

bones boy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Pretty stoked about this but the prices to watch on-demand are rather pricey for iPad viewing - 5.99 for current rentals, same as on the big set. However I love having options and kudos to DTV for getting this out. Also, LOVE that Fox Sports Soccer is one of the live channels and Sony Movie channel on-demand is part of TV Everywhere. Getting ESPN networks would be a COUP but not holding my breath.

#51 OFFLINE   cpucrash0

cpucrash0

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

If you try to use HBO Go or Max GO it won't display the video, only audio. I think those premium channels wrote code into those apps to prevent them from being displayed on other devices. Makes sense if you don't subscribe to those services but grab someone's login & password to watch on your TV.

If you have an iPad 2 or a 3rd generation iPad you can airplay anything even if the app doesn't allow it. Just double tap the home button and then slide all the way to the left and you will see that you can mirror what ever you have on your iPad and it will show up on your TV full screen if you have an Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation,if the show you are watching is in widescreen. You will get The Video with the Audio this way.

#52 OFFLINE   OneOfOne

OneOfOne

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Not looking to start a flame war as to whether it's right or wrong, or how to do it, just what does jailbreaking the iPad get you?

it gets you the right to add things not in the itunes store or to add or remove anything you want and use 3rd party sources. which is completely legal
professionally calibrated Sony 60xbr2
professionally calibrated Sony es5200 based sound system featuring klipsch rf-52 5.1 speakers
Sony 700 series lcd
Sony 800 series 3d lcd
2 boxee boxes and one popcorn hour A300

anyone who watches 'reality' tv is single handedly lowering our species collective IQ

#53 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,667 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

As always here at DBSTalk...a nice job on the First Look.

Some folks perhaps take these for granted, but the work that goes into both the testing and First Look construction is significant and appreciated.

Kudos.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#54 OFFLINE   Sim-X

Sim-X

Godfather

• Registered
  • 381 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

Just updated mine last night, video quality is actually pretty good. Would like to see Retina Graphics next update hopefully to support Gen3 ipad. (I got a gen3 on release day) A lot of pay content unless you sort by premium service. I'm never paying to rent a movie on my ipad. The live TV works so well I wish they would let you access all the channels you sub or your DVR list.

For those having problems app not finding the DVR's, give your boxes a static ip, if you don't know how just google how to do it. It's pretty easy won't take long. Then reboot your router & IRD's should be good 2 go.

#55 OFFLINE   Stewpidity

Stewpidity

Godfather

• Registered
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

great App..wish the live TV anywhere worked anywhere though :(

#56 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:05 AM

There will be something like that in the not-too-distant future.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#57 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

This is available on laptops and PC's also. Just log into your account there is a download you can install.

What about a Mac? OS X? or are you just referring to Windows devices?

#58 OFFLINE   kvchief

kvchief

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Like previous versions, app worked fine at home.

However, still no luck outside of home wi-fi. It is possible that something might be blocked on the public wi-fi I'm using, but I can't get anything to come up. Everything just shows the animating icon like it is doing something, but it never does. (I was using the Watch on iPad option, but to no avail).

#59 OFFLINE   airedale

airedale

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Meanwhile those of us with Android devices are still waiting for some love ;)

That is why I gave up on waiting. Just bought an iPad 3 and am selling my Xoom. Android is too fragmented... Development is lacking for it and when something does come out for it, it is usually treated as a 2nd class citizen.

#60 OFFLINE   keith_benedict

keith_benedict

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'm trying to figure out what this App does and doesn't do with regard to streaming outside the home.

Can I stream live TV?

Can I stream my recorded shows?

Can I stream VOD?

Are there any limitations to streaming VOD? I am not a premium subscriber.

Thanks.

spam firewall