Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRECTV App for iPad (1.5.x) with DIRECTV Everywhere - Issues and Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
290 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   drpratt01

drpratt01

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:33 AM

Are you using the same network? Did a neighbor/roommate put up a new stronger wireless and you're just not in Kansas anymore according to the app?

Don "probably a dumb question but hey I specialize in them" Bolton

Yeah, I'm having issues with the new version of the app as well. All was fine, now on startup the app only detected my HR24. I manually entered the IP address of one of my HR23's and that is the only DVR the app sees unless I manually enter another one.

Whole home works on all three as does On Demand. Nothing has changed in my setup other than the new version of the app.

I don't get any on my 5 "whole home" HD receivers (3 are DVRs) to show up in the app - not even to manually enter an IP. This all worked fine till this app update. See my other post with a lot more detail for Earl Bonovich.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,642 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

Intermittent connection problems with a LAN that's pretty solid. Right now, spinning sprocket, then a message "Error- Unable to retrieve configuration."
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#123 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Now, If someone in the jailbreak community could create a tweak that would trick the DTV app to think its on your home network while tethering or using 3G/LTE, that would be awesome.

There is another thread for the words "jailbreak" and "Directv IPad app" in one post.

But if that Feature is something you want, how about a Slingbox or Vulkano streamer? Yeah I realize it would be more convenient if you could do it without having to buy any extra hardware. But point is that there's a way to do what you want with either of those two products above. Slingbox and Vulkano have not been ruled illegal yet. I'm not sure if place shifting ever will be or not.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#124 OFFLINE   duck33

duck33

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

There is another thread for the words "jailbreak" and "Directv IPad app" in one post.

But if that Feature is something you want, how about a Slingbox or Vulkano streamer? Yeah I realize it would be more convenient if you could do it without having to buy any extra hardware. But point is that there's a way to do what you want with either of those two products above. Slingbox and Vulkano have not been ruled illegal yet. I'm not sure if place shifting ever will be or not.

I already have a Sling Box. I'm just curious if it would work. Maybe, I'll set up a VPN and see what happens.

#125 ONLINE   jes

jes

Icon

• Registered
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Add another one to the list of no longer working Apps... :nono2:

My iPad worked fine before the update, no longer sees any DVRs and doesn't stream Live TV anymore...
DirecTV since March 1998, HD since Oct. 2003

#126 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

Have you tried the Windoze approach? reboot the iPad? If no joy uninstall and reinstall?

I've had the reboot fix some issues in other apps. Not saying that will help but?

I would really like to see an at home/not at home toggle button in the setup options or main page so the app didn't have to go through as much overhead on a remote start up.

Don "eliminate the basics" Bolton

Add another one to the list of no longer working Apps... :nono2:

My iPad worked fine before the update, no longer sees any DVRs and doesn't stream Live TV anymore...

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#127 OFFLINE   willmw

willmw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

+1 on trying a reboot. Power the ipad completely off and back on...or alternatively double click the home button and kill the app and try it again then.

#128 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,642 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Gents, and Ladies-

I've had a bunch of no or slow connects with the iPad app. Given my LAN seldom gives troubles, and I am on a rock solid DECA system, I have to think it's the connection to or with the DIRECTV® servers that validate my iPad (now a 3, or a new one.)

I doubt an uninstall-reinstall does much at all besides the obvious quit and restart of the app.

A quick double tap on the home button brings up a row of apps with the little minus sign, just press and they quit; an easy way to quit the app without shutting the Pad down. (works on iPhones, too.)

#129 OFFLINE   CincySaint

CincySaint

AllStar

• Registered
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

This is available on laptops and PC's also. Just log into your account there is a download you can install.

Can you tell me what menu on the D* website to find this? I don't see it even when I log in.

#130 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,642 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Can you tell me what menu on the D* website to find this? I don't see it even when I log in.

Simply go to the app store via iTunes and search on directv....

#131 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Does everyone have the "everywhere" option on the iPad app or is it some sort of partial rollout? I was out today and had my first opportunity to try it out outside the house over wi-fi in Starbucks and got the "Can't find any DVRs, you must be connected to the same network as your DVR" message."

It's version 1.50.

#132 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Does everyone have the "everywhere" option on the iPad app or is it some sort of partial rollout? I was out today and had my first opportunity to try it out outside the house over wi-fi in Starbucks and got the "Can't find any DVRs, you must be connected to the same network as your DVR" message."

It's version 1.50.

The "Live TV" section in the "everywhere" tab is, unfortunately, still restricted to your home network. The other sections should work outside your home network though.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#133 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Does everyone have the "everywhere" option on the iPad app or is it some sort of partial rollout?

Its only partially rolled out right now...you will update automatically
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#134 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,646 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

Simply go to the app store via iTunes and search on directv....

I think Cincy was looking for the PC version. The link is posted in Sgt.'s post here . . http://www.dbstalk.c...496#post2984496

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#135 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

The "Live TV" section in the "everywhere" tab is, unfortunately, still restricted to your home network. The other sections should work outside your home network though.

Maybe I am confused on how this works. Trying this from home now.

I "Touch" the "Watch on iPad" tab on the bottom of the screen
Screen now says "DirecTV Everywhere in large font on top.
There are 4 tabs: Live TV, Movies, TV Shows, Networks

First I touch the "Networks" Tab and it shows I am "subscribed to" Encore & Starz (Which I am NOT) and AUD (which I do get).

Then I touch "AUD" which I do get and it says "AUD programs you can watch from your iPad," ALL is selected, and the screen is BLANK.

Then I touch Starz and Encore (which I AM NOT subscribed to) and it shows hundreds of programs I CANNOT watch because I'm not subscribed.

Then I go to LIVE TV where there is lots of stuff listed but you say I can't watch any of that outside my home.

So it seems I can't watch ANYTHING. It says I can watch channels I don't get (starz & encore) with plenty of listings but there are no listings under the 1 channel I do get (AUD). Of course all the PPV channels are there.

How they can call this "DirecTV ANYWHERE" is confusing. For me at least it's DirecTV NOWHERE.

It's not really a big deal as I will rarely if ever use it but I still am curious as I must be missing something here.

#136 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

Maybe I am confused on how this works. Trying this from home now...

snip

It's not really a big deal as I will rarely if ever use it but I still am curious as I must be missing something here.

No, that's about right. The only odd thing is that the Audience network has no content. Right now I can see 20 shows when I tap the Audience network.

Maybe wahooq's comments are relevant here. Perhaps that content will populate on its own.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#137 OFFLINE   Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Glad I am not the only one that cannot get DirecTV anywhere other than home. I updated the app after seeing a story on it at Engadget(I think) touting the avialbility to watch outside of the home.
Equipment
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TC-P58S2
HR24-200(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TH-50PZ85U
HR21-700(VOD/MRV) W/AM21 SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Sony KDL-46V3000
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Westinghouse 37"LCD
H24-200 SWM connected via HDMI to Samsung 24" LCD

AU9 Dish , SWM-16, SWS-8 Splitter

#138 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,646 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I've got tons of posters in every category that I subscribe to. Even Starz has flipped to the Sub category for the free weekend!

#139 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've got tons of posters in every category that I subscribe to. Even Starz has flipped to the Sub category for the free weekend!

Well, I don't subscribe to any premiums so that leaves ONLY AUD channel for me to watch ANYwhere, I mean NOwhere because it doesn't have any programming (yet) to view for me.

The whole thing really seems to be a big publicity gimmick and advertsing hyperbole because other than PPV stuff and premium channels which I do not sub to, even IF AUD showed me programming it's only one channel I can watch. Pretty useless if I do say so myself. I really thought you could also get the channels that "stream live" when home.

#140 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,646 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

I've got 20 posters in Audience. Encore has also moved to Subscribed for the free weekend. Too many programs to count on it and Starz.

I think I've used HBO outside of the home network, but I also have the HBO/Go app.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...