Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Use an older UHF remote with hopper/Joey?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rhyno77

Rhyno77

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Probably a stupid question, but can is there any way to use a 32.0 (vip922) or 6.3 (vip622) remote with a Joey or do I just need to buy another 40.0 remote? One of my joeys is mirroring via composite to a tv on my patio.
Thanks,
Ryan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

You should be able to link your 32.0 remote to the Joey. Some have been able to and some haven't. Your 6.3 will only work as an IR remote.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

My 622 remote for TV1 happily controlled my Hopper until I turned off IR in the Hopper menus. I was going back and forth between the 622 and 813 for comparison and kept finding menus changed on the 813 when I got back to it. :)

#4 OFFLINE   Rhyno77

Rhyno77

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Thanks James and n0qco. I got my old 922 remote up and running from outside. Nice that it keeps separate configs for each. This is about the cleanest hardware upgrade I've ever experienced.:)
Ryan

#5 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:41 AM

Did you try to restore settings from the 922 remote?
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

spam firewall