Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Replacement 722K With MT2 OTA Module

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

I received a text from my wife inforaming me that Brown Santa (UPS) dropped something off at our farm this afternoon. I suspect it is a replacement 722k to replace mine that has developed a severe case of amnesia! Anyway, help me brainstorn and plan for the swap out. So far I have come up with:

-Remove MT2 and install in "new" 722k

-Check remote control addresses

-Move recordings on internal hard drive to external hard drive

What else should I be thinking of? Are there any tips from others that have done this recently that they want to pass along?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

I received a text from my wife inforaming me that Brown Santa (UPS) dropped something off at our farm this afternoon. I suspect it is a replacement 722k to replace mine that has developed a severe case of amnesia! Anyway, help me brainstorn and plan for the swap out. So far I have come up with:

What else should I be thinking of? Are there any tips from others that have done this recently that they want to pass along?

Go into System Wizard "0" backup your timers to your remote control,transfer them to your other 722k.;)

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

Don't forget to remove the TV 2 remote antenna to use on your replacement receiver. When you address the remotes to the replacement receiver, the software will give the remote an address so you don't need to use the same addresses assigned from the old receiver.

Once you reconnect all the cables to the replacement receiver, the setup wizard will walk you through the whole process. Make sure you put the cables in the exact spot from the old receiver to the replacement. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...