Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Anyone with guide issues ATM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

have a 211k and at120, was checking some programming for later tonight and I get "no info available" after 11 pm local time.

What gives?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

Probably an interrupted download. Forcing a new guide download usually fixes it. If it doesn't, do a hard reset.

#3 OFFLINE   thaipinoy1

thaipinoy1

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

I am having the same problem, any fix out yet?

#4 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I see that a lot with my 508. The issue creates a disconnect between the guide data and the rest of the receiver. The solution that always fixes it for me is to turn the receiver off and wait 5-10 seconds before powering it back up.

Blowgun

#5 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:38 AM

have a 211k and at120, was checking some programming for later tonight and I get "no info available" after 11 pm local time.

What gives?

I have the same problem. I press forward 9 days but I only got four days on the EPG.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#6 OFFLINE   brewsky

brewsky

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

geeze Blowgun 508 still?....You need to get dish out to put in a 512 ...theres not anymore sofware downloads for those old recv. thats what your "no info" available prob is

#7 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

If resetting the receiver does not prompt the receiver to download the guide you can perform a check switch test. This will prompt the receiver to download the guide data. Press Menu>6>1>1 and that will take you to the Point Dish screen. Once there select Check Switch on the right hand side. You will be on the Installation Summary screen, at the bottom of the screen select Test. The receiver will run through some tests. Once it is finished exit the menu screens. The receiver will re-acquire the signal and download the guide.

#8 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

I am experiencing some strange guide issues with my 722. I have no guide information beyond 3:30pm Friday March 30th. I forced a guide download by moving beyond the guide info that was present and getting the "information outdated" message. Still no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. So I do a check switch with the same results. I then do a hard reset by unplugging the receiver still the same, no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. I did notice while it was downloading the guide info, it would hang near the end of the progress bar, then it would start downloading the guide all over again and much quicker but still no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. What is the deal? Anyone else having this issue?

#9 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

I am experiencing some strange guide issues with my 722. I have no guide information beyond 3:30pm Friday March 30th. I forced a guide download by moving beyond the guide info that was present and getting the "information outdated" message. Still no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. So I do a check switch with the same results. I then do a hard reset by unplugging the receiver still the same, no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. I did notice while it was downloading the guide info, it would hang near the end of the progress bar, then it would start downloading the guide all over again and much quicker but still no guide beyond 3:30pm friday. What is the deal? Anyone else having this issue?

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you with this. Thanks!

#10 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:56 AM

Even stranger still, several hours later I force another download and the full guide shows up and works fine, very strange. Will keep an eye on it, been having the disappearing guide issues mentioned in the thread on the 722 tech forum.

Thanks Raymond, I will check it again tonight and if it is still flaky will PM you. Seems like the guide has been flakier than usual for the last couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago the 722 would not turn on, took 3 power plug resets to get it to turn on.

#11 OFFLINE   karrank%

karrank%

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well, I got nothing. Symptom-wise I mean. Receiver must have reset itself next morning, haven't noticed anything amiss since...

#12 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

geeze Blowgun 508 still?....You need to get dish out to put in a 512 ...theres not anymore sofware downloads for those old recv. thats what your "no info" available prob is

No, it's a bug in the firmware that was introduce years ago and was never fixed. Much like many of the other bugs in DISH receivers.

I would like nothing more that to replace the 508s, but it won't be with two 512s.

Blowgun

Protected By... spam firewall...And...