Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Remote Access - no play button

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sfatula

sfatula

Mentor

• Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

Did anyone elses Play button go away from the old dish remote access site? This is not a feature of dishonline, you can't play a recorded program on TV1 for example (no sling).

Just used it yesterday, but, gone tonight.
Steve
Zen Cart Consulting, osCommerce, Magento

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Did anyone elses Play button go away from the old dish remote access site? This is not a feature of dishonline, you can't play a recorded program on TV1 for example (no sling).

Just used it yesterday, but, gone tonight.

If you still have access to DRA, with or without a Play button, count your blessings. As of a couple months ago, my previous DRA url (https://customersupp...cessSatTimer.do) redirects me to a "MyDish" dead end, and I'm limited to DishOnline, which doesn't work for my HD Locals, so I can't go online to schedule recordings or watch anything on ABC, CBS, NBC, or Fox HD. :confused:

#3 OFFLINE   sfatula

sfatula

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

I use this link:

http://dish.sling.com/

So, now, every time I want to change I channel, I have to run downstairs to change it. Nice enhancement Dish! dishonline unfortunately does not replace this function.
Steve
Zen Cart Consulting, osCommerce, Magento

#4 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

I just tried it. I had to use my obsolete email address and remember the password, but then I got right on.

It sure works better than dishonline.com. Dishonline can't retrieve my timers and took a long time to list the recordings. Way to go Dish. :nono2:

DRA can show not only the timers, but the current schedule including OTA sub channels. :)

Note, after getting to the dish.sling.com site it changed to dish33.sling.com. As I recall, the number after dish changed from time to time. This causes saved links to fail.

Edited by bnborg, 04 April 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#5 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Dish Online really sucks.

DRA brings my recordings up without substantial delay. I have tried DOL a couple more times and I can't see any of my recordings. All I ever see is all the Timer conflicts, whether I click Recordings, Timers or My Rentals.

I can't get the Sling Player app to work on Internet Explorer. I have tried IE8, IE9 and IE10. On the latest Firefox it works fine. It is needed for either DRA or DOL.

Edited by bnborg, 04 April 2012 - 05:17 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   ehb224

ehb224

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Dish Online really sucks.

I agree. Think if enough complain they will bring back the old site?
Digital Home Advantage America's Everything Pak with Locals and GoldHD with PlatinumHD (or whatever they call it now--names change, service stays the same!)
Eastern Arc dish
VIP722/Sling and Westinghouse Digital 42"1080P monitor
Pioneer Elite 7.1 receiver
Infinity speakers
Jamo speakers

VIP622 and Polaroid 19" 720P TV

#7 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

The old site is still there. For best results, I use http://dish.sling.com. Then let it change to what it wants, currently dish33....

I hope they keep it.

Note, if you go to the slingbox site and are able to log in, you can change your email and password. This is the same as the login settings for dish.sling.com. You might even be able to use that sling player, but I can't.

#8 OFFLINE   TheFoxMan

TheFoxMan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

The old site is still there. For best results, I use http://dish.sling.com. Then let it change to what it wants, currently dish33....

I hope they keep it.

Note, if you go to the slingbox site and are able to log in, you can change your email and password. This is the same as the login settings for dish.sling.com. You might even be able to use that sling player, but I can't.

Still no joy. I guess some of you are fortunate and some of us aren't... I can log into DRA via http://dish.sling.com, but the guide has a limited number of channels, none of which are my locals or channels I normally watch, and it doesn't see my DVR, so it doesn't provide remote access to my Dish receiver. DishOnline is my means of only online access, and as noted by many others, it falls far short of DRA.

#9 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Still no joy. I guess some of you are fortunate and some of us aren't... I can log into DRA via http://dish.sling.com, but the guide has a limited number of channels, none of which are my locals or channels I normally watch, and it doesn't see my DVR, so it doesn't provide remote access to my Dish receiver. DishOnline is my means of only online access, and as noted by many others, it falls far short of DRA.

Yeah, it's an up hill battle. I have to use Firefox because the IE player doesn't work for me. I usually also have to log into DishOnLine--either directly or from mydish.com. Then I check the connection using diagnostics on my ViP722k, and then I hit the reconnect button on the DVR page on DOL.

Dish online just sits and spins but when I hit refresh a few times on DRA, then it will start showing my recordings and all of my channels. :guck:

spam firewall