Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Monthly Costs?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   U.P. North

U.P. North

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

I am considering a Hopper/Joey solution in my house. I currently have 2 Vip722 receivers on 2 HD TV's. I currently pay $17 HD Duo fee and a $6 DVR Service fee. i am trying to cheapen things up looking at my programming as well as my equipment. If I changed the 2 Vip 722's out with a Hopper and 1 Joey, what will the monthly equipment charges be? Is there any changes to the outside dish itself? I am on the Eastern Arc.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Steve H

Steve H

Icon

• Registered
  • 625 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I was told you will either have to pay for the Hopper (~$525 or $100 upgrade fee) and a monthly charge ($7) for the Joey. They tried to rent me extra Joey's so watch out for that one..............
Samsung 55" LED
Yamaha RX-V565
Bose Acoustimass 6
Hopper & 1 Joey

Location - Mt. WhereinthehellamI? So. Utah

#3 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Your bill should go down $6 ($7 Joey + $4 Whole Home + $6 DVR vs. $17 Duo + $6 DVR). No changes to the dish besides the addition of a Node (looks like a big splitter mounted near the dish). If you have a good payment history and are due for an upgrade, it should only cost $100. Power savings alone should be around $5/month.

#4 OFFLINE   phobos512

phobos512

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ok so similar question...I have a ViP722K and a ViP222K and would be looking to upgrade to a single Hopper/Joey combo. I spoke with Dish online support and they told me $100 upgrade fee + my bill would go from $90.59/mo (including taxes) to $99.99/mo (not including taxes so approximately $105/mo total). Why would my bill go UP ~$15? (I'm not in contract and I have no active discounts). I thought there'd be a benefit but there sure doesn't seem to be...?

#5 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ok so similar question...I have a ViP722K and a ViP222K and would be looking to upgrade to a single Hopper/Joey combo. I spoke with Dish online support and they told me $100 upgrade fee + my bill would go from $90.59/mo (including taxes) to $99.99/mo (not including taxes so approximately $105/mo total). Why would my bill go UP ~$15? (I'm not in contract and I have no active discounts). I thought there'd be a benefit but there sure doesn't seem to be...?

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number and I would be more than happy to see what your monthly fees would be. Thanks!

#6 OFFLINE   U.P. North

U.P. North

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Guys for the info. I went ahead and did the CHAT on dish.com and am getting 1 hopper and 1 Joey. In fact, he is here now installing. I did my chat on tuesday and they were able to install the next morning (wednesday) but I have to work, so I was able to schedule today (saturday).

#7 OFFLINE   LazhilUT

LazhilUT

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

I have an HD DVR and a HD Receiver...my charges at $6 for the DVR and $7 for the HD Receiver...$13 total.
How much will a 1 Hopper + 1 Joey affect my bill?

#8 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have an HD DVR and a HD Receiver...my charges at $6 for the DVR and $7 for the HD Receiver...$13 total.
How much will a 1 Hopper + 1 Joey affect my bill?

$6 DVR per account stays the same.
$7 HD Receiver will be replaced by $7 Joey fee (the same).
$4 "Whole Home" fee will be added.

Your bill will go up $4.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...