Specific questions I asked:
- Can I keep my 922 or 722? - NO
- Can I use the OTA tuner from my 922 in the Hopper? - YES
- Can I use Homeplug to connect to powerline network? - YES
- If I get two Hoppers, can Joeys on Hopper1 view recordings from Hopper2? - YES
- Can I use the USB wireless Network adapter fromy my 922 on a Hopper? - YES
- Can I add a Sling adapter to my Hopper? - YES, for $30.00
When I called the next day to order, I went over all these questions again with the CSR on the phone.
Got the same answers, except she told me Sling technology was built into the Hopper, and an adapter was not needed. I asked her to double-check that one and she verified that a sling adapter would in fact be needed.
Now, I'm wondering about the OTA tuner, Homeplug, and cross-communication between Hoppers/Joeys.
I'm also concerned about the Ethernet/Sling connectivity.
My 922 used Powerline Ethernet which was slow and spotty. I bought a wireless usb adapter which tests faster (On a PC at least), but still drops connection all too frequently. I'm hoping to get the installer to drop an ethernet cable from my Router to the location of the main Hopper to give some stability to the connection.
Scheduled my install for This sunday morning (to give myself some time to clean off the other DVR drives / move to EHD).