Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

129 appears to be out for me

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   PLHOG

PLHOG

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

No HD sat channels this morning. Worked fine when we went to bed last night. System Status says no signal from sat 129. OTA and SD find.

Isn't this the time of the year when the satellites are in alignment with the sun, and the sat signal gets lost in the noise?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kenglish

kenglish

Icon

• Registered
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

Not this early in the morning...a sun outage on 129 would be late afternoon. Sun outages for this spring are over, as of last week.

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,408 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:05 AM

I did quick check of a few channels on 129° and they all seem to be working.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm not showing we are having issues with our 129 satellite. Run a check switch test to see if you can get the signal back. After running the check switch test, if you see an error message saying that fewer satellites were found, do not save the setting. We need to send a technician to your home. Please let me know. Thanks..

No HD sat channels this morning. Worked fine when we went to bed last night. System Status says no signal from sat 129. OTA and SD find.

Isn't this the time of the year when the satellites are in alignment with the sun, and the sat signal gets lost in the noise?

#5 OFFLINE   PLHOG

PLHOG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks. Obviously not the sun - it's dark now and we're still out!

#6 OFFLINE   PLHOG

PLHOG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm not showing we are having issues with our 129 satellite. Run a check switch test to see if you can get the signal back. After running the check switch test, if you see an error message saying that fewer satellites were found, do not save the setting. We need to send a technician to your home. Please let me know. Thanks..

Thanks. Have a dialog going with your support desk via Twitter - trying to find a time when we can be here for a tech. Have to watch our Buckeyes beat Cincy on SD!

#7 OFFLINE   PLHOG

PLHOG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Oh, and did a switch test this morning and got the error you mentioned. Did not save.

#8 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Is there a pidgeon on the lnb, or perhaps the lnb died of natural causes?

Do a power cord reboot of the receiver, exercise all the connections in the system.

If 129 is still AWOL, call Dish for an LNB transplant.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thread title changed to reflect this being a problem unique to the thread starter, and not a general satellite outage issue.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#10 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

The signal coming for the 129 satellite is not getting to your receiver. We need to schedule a technician to check your installation - LNB, cabling, separator, etc. Please PM your account number to me so I can set this up for you. Thanks.

Oh, and did a switch test this morning and got the error you mentioned. Did not save.

#11 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Thread title changed to reflect this being a problem unique to the thread starter, and not a general satellite outage issue.

Appreciated.

#12 OFFLINE   PLHOG

PLHOG

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Ended up being a corroded wire from the antenna. Techs replaced the dish, LNBs, removed the switch (new models are integrated into the LNB mount) and enabled WiFi. Quick, efficient and knowledgable techs. Well done Dish!

#13 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm glad he corrected your problems. I am here to answer any questions or concerns. Thanks.

Ended up being a corroded wire from the antenna. Techs replaced the dish, LNBs, removed the switch (new models are integrated into the LNB mount) and enabled WiFi. Quick, efficient and knowledgable techs. Well done Dish!

#14 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,849 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

:confused:
Isn't replacing the wire [coax] would be sufficient ?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...