Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tim Tebow a Jet!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tgater

tgater

Godfather

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

To the JETS, not so fast.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Please make this deal fall thru. Please.

You must be a Jets fan.:)

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

H24-700
ATT uverse internet

#23 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

I'm in the minority of Denver fans that are not on the Tebow bus. The problem that I have with him is that he can make a decision on where to throw the ball. Just look at when they played the patriots. Manning is the best thing that has happened to denver in a long time. And I personally feel that Tebow would be a good fit for the jets because I'm sure that the fans and players will welcome him with open arms.

My Setup
Directv '98

#24 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

On the radio here they are saying the Jets announced the trade but didn't read the contract. Duh....

#25 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Please make this deal fall thru. Please.

I'm torn between that and wanting to see what a circus this turns into.

Rich

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I'm in the minority of Denver fans that are not on the Tebow bus. The problem that I have with him is that he can make a decision on where to throw the ball. Just look at when they played the patriots. Manning is the best thing that has happened to denver in a long time. And I personally feel that Tebow would be a good fit for the jets because I'm sure that the fans and players will welcome him with open arms.

Players not happy.

Rich

#27 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

On the radio here they are saying the Jets announced the trade but didn't read the contract. Duh....

See what I mean about being a Jets fan?

Rich

#28 OFFLINE   dsw2112

dsw2112

Always Searching

• Registered
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

Be glad you don't have to watch Sanchez every week. Last year I swear the team and the head coach gave up on him. How else to explain last season?

Rich

I got to see a few Jets games last year; right or wrong, I've kinda always equated Sanchez to what Rex Grossman was with the Bears. Not a horrible QB, but will show occasional flashes of something...then post a 13 QB rating :lol:

In the end Sanchez isn't the guy for the Jets, BUT even Grossman was at the helm when the Bears went to the Superbowl :P

In keeping with recent events, I think you'd much rather have Sanchez than Tebo. The circus around Tebo is just too big, and nobody in their right mind can possibly believe that starting him at QB is the future of their franchise. Gimmick to sell tickets or gain publicity...sure...but nothing more. The one Jets fan I know is praying the deal is now off.
SL3-Slimline to SWM16 - DECA
HR34-700, HR24-500, & HR22-100

#29 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,453 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I like Tim Tebow the person.. and I think he has more potential than many think... but the Jets is a bad move.

It will only serve to alienate Sanchez, divide the locker room and fans... and Tebow still will not get any focus to develop (if he can).

Tebow needs to either go somewhere that he will be the defacto starter and get the off-season work he needs OR where they have a solid starter that isn't feeling pressure where Tebow can learn.

Tebow, for example, could have stayed and learned from Peyton Manning for the next few years... no pressure to replace Manning as a starter, and Tebow might not have felt slighted sitting behind a future Hall-of-Famer.

Going to the Jets would just be a mess for everyone involved.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#30 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I read the trade is being held up because the Jets want the Broncos to pay for Mark Sanchez's therapy sessions.

:lol:

#31 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Done deal.

#32 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

Trol-blo will fail & Coach Ryan will be fired is my prediction.
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#33 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Done deal.

Yup, it's official now. Here's Daily News columnist Mike Lupica's take on it.

Now the circus can really begin.

Rich

#34 OFFLINE   Vinny*

Vinny*

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

I haven't really seen that much of Tebow, but I know we're never gonna win a Super Bowl with Sanchez. I guess this will boil down to who sucks less. It's not easy being a Jets fan.

Rich

I hear ya

#35 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

And the chaos begins.

http://espn.go.com/n...eal-source-says

The Jets are a mess. No player leadership, a loudmouth coach, incompetent GM......just terrible (but I love it).

#36 OFFLINE   lucky13

lucky13

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationMaryland, DC suburbs

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

It's clear that Tannenbaum and Rex (for sure) want the Jets to be the center of attention. It looks like they've convinced Woody Johnson to follow that course.

Does the trade make sense? Sure, because it fits the Jets' PR strategy:

Are people talking about the World Champion Giants? No, the Jets are in the news.

Are people talking about the Knicks' five-game winning streak? No, the Jets are in the news.

Are people talking about the Yankees? No, the Jets are in the news.

The Jets' goal last year was to win the Super Bowl and be the center of attention in New York. Both goals crashed when they lost to the Giants.

They're back on track, at least for one of two.

As for Tebow--well, you can take the Jets' comments at face value, that he's there for the Wildcat. And they do have a new Offensive Coordinator who loves the WC, and certainly Tebow would give even more unpredictability to that formation.

I also heard speculation on ESPN that Tebow would play in punt and placekick formations, to add more fake-kick options.

But as one who was a season ticketholder at Shea during the Richard Todd/Matt Robinson controversy, I'm sure that the chants for Tebow will begin with the first Sanchez interception.

A busy year for Fireman Ed.

#37 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Trol-blo will fail & Coach Ryan will be fired is my prediction.

This one is on the GM. Jets need pass rush and a deep threat not a wildcat QB.

If the Jets wanted to run a wildcat offense they should of kept Brad Smith plus the wildcat is no big deal teams know how to defend it.

JACK,

#38 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:57 PM

This one is on the GM. Jets need pass rush and a deep threat not a wildcat QB.

If the Jets wanted to run a wildcat offense they should of kept Brad Smith plus the wildcat is no big deal teams know how to defend it.

Maybe Tebow will be better than Sanchez....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This never ends.

Rich

#39 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Maybe Tebow will be better than Sanchez....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This never ends.

Rich

Speaking as a Colorado resident and Broncos fan, I can tell you that Tebow is the gift that just keeps on giving. And, it's just getting started for you guys.

He's still in the headlines above the fold pretty much every day, and as you might have heard, we have a new QB. (The buzz is that he might have some potential...)
;)

spam firewall