Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey and DVR functions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

I have had my Hopper/2 Joey system a few days now. So far I like but I'm having issues with my Joeys and DVR functions. I can not get the frame by frame to work. When I pause and then play again, it will jump from say 12:22 to 9:19. Very strange. My question is...does your Joey DVR function correctly or do you have similar issues?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have had my Hopper/2 Joey system a few days now. So far I like but I'm having issues with my Joeys and DVR functions. I can not get the frame by frame to work. When I pause and then play again, it will jump from say 12:22 to 9:19. Very strange. My question is...does your Joey DVR function correctly or do you have similar issues?

I would be more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you with some troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thank you!

#3 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

The tech just left from checking my Joeys DVR functions. He could not fix it...passed on to tech support.
Can anybody tell me if they can do Frame by Frame on the Joey DVR?
Thanks!

#4 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,677 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

Can anybody tell me if they can do Frame by Frame on the Joey DVR?

What button are you using the advance/reverse?

Frame-by-frame backwards is probably not going to work very well.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#5 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I'm hitting Pause...then Skip/forward....just starts play again. My hopper functions correctly...two Joeys do not.

#6 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

If you are live TV, you cannot hit pause, the slow forward immediately. It will always go to live TV if you don't pause long enough to build up a buffer 5-6 seconds long at least.

I always hit skip back once, to get a 10 second buffer, then pause and slow forward. It's been that way a long time, even on my 922. Give that a try...

I just tried this on a Joey, and it worked perfectly. Skip back once, pause, fwd, it went straight to perfect 1/15 slo mo.

You did seem to have found a bug with frame forward though. If I hit frame forward from pause on my Joey, it starts playing again. I'd post this in the firmware topics.
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#7 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the confirmation on the frame to frame not working.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...