Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just switched to Dish. No Hopper...... Very Sad

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cridlon

Cridlon

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I switched to Dish Jan 26th. I had Direct with whole house DVR. That was the biggest hurdle for me switching. No one even said anything about the Hoppers coming when I asked about whole house DVR. I would have waited a month to sign up to get the Hopper. I called Dish and was told I could only buy a Hopper for $400. Is there really no way they could help me out by changing my equipment? I really don't want to wait 2 years until I can get new equipment. Has anyone had this happen?

Clif

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,777 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

So the grass isn't greener.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

I switched to Dish Jan 26th. I had Direct with whole house DVR. That was the biggest hurdle for me switching. No one even said anything about the Hoppers coming when I asked about whole house DVR. I would have waited a month to sign up to get the Hopper. I called Dish and was told I could only buy a Hopper for $400. Is there really no way they could help me out by changing my equipment? I really don't want to wait 2 years until I can get new equipment. Has anyone had this happen?

Clif

get in touch with one of the dish guys here

#4 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Theres not much else there going to be able to do about it.
In order to get the upgrade free or at reduced cost you need to qualify for a Dishn it up (DIU), theres no way a customer who signed up in January will qualify for the full freebie or discounted price.

@OP, you dont have to wait two years. Just maintain a decent package and pay your bills on time and you should be able to DIU towards the end of your first year with Dish.
Aside from that your only options will be to outright purchase it.

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

There was no release date on January 28th, it hadn't even been fully finished then. They would have had no date to give you or any real details. I would have stayed with Direct TV if whole house is that important to be honest. Otherwise the reasons you switched are still valid, if it was for more HD networks or whatever. Enjoy them and get the whole home when you can.

Edited by tampa8, 21 March 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Cridlon

Cridlon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Cost was the big reason for switching. Oh well, such as life. Not that I'm all that upset, just wondering if they were working with people with my situation.

Clif

#7 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,637 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

So the grass isn't greener.

For me the grass is very green here!.;):D

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,777 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

For me the grass is very green here!.;):D

And for me even greener. ;) :D

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#9 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

+1. I did and he worked it out, Ray C. is with the Social Media team from Dish, get in touch. Ray C@DISH Network
Thank you and
Best of luck

Protected By... spam firewall...And...