Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S204 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

wtrjock mentioned in the S203 thread that there was a limit of 50 timers. Was this fixed in S204 ? Should really have more timers with a three tuner box, not less.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

No, timers are not fixed. I haven't been able to set a timer since the day that I was installed.

#28 OFFLINE   DRinTyler

DRinTyler

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

2 Hopper/3 Joey Setup. 3 EHDs on powered USB hub on a slingle Hopper. Other Hopper has no EHD. Hopper is only able to see the first 2 EHD plugged in to the USB Hub. I am able to see the 3rd EHD on the transfer screen and verified use, I transfered a recording. Still unable to see the content on the 3rd EHD in the DVR screen (no External Device 3 listed).

Attempted to plug the 3rd EHD into the 2nd rear USB port and the front USB port. Same results as above. Unable to see the drive.

Something wrong with my set up or legit bug?

#29 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,931 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

No, timers are not fixed. I haven't been able to set a timer since the day that I was installed.

No timers at all or have you hit the limit?

#30 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I hit the timer limit bug (50) on the first day and haven't been able to add a new timer since! Sorry if that was confusing. I currently have 40 timers and still can't add new ones.

#31 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,931 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I only have 27 timers, 12 of them PTA events that I want to be able to more easily find outside of the PTA folder, so I have not hit that wall.

#32 OFFLINE   n-spring

n-spring

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

This issue started happening today. I've only been watching local programming on my Hopper. Several times today the video/audio have frozen as if I had hit pause. About 10 seconds later, it unfreezes and jumps to live TV.
DISH subscriber since March 2012
1000.2 HD dish antenna with Solo Node
Living room: XiP813 Hopper (S238) to Visio XVT553SV via HDMI; connected to 100Base-TX LAN
Home theatre: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, then to Panasonic TC-P65VT50 via HDMI
Bedroom: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Sony KDL-26M3000 via HDMI
Internet access: Comcast 10Mb/s; Dynamic IP; NAT on Linksys E3200 router

#33 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sad if getting to 50 timers breaks the hopper so it can't record anymore. When is S205 coming out and will it fix this terrible bug? Hope they don't have the same silly low limits on number of events.

#34 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

Check to see if you have 2.06. Our Hopper here has this version. I'm going to check which version I have on my Hopper when I get home (I was able to setup 96 timers last night). Thanks.

Sad if getting to 50 timers breaks the hopper so it can't record anymore. When is S205 coming out and will it fix this terrible bug? Hope they don't have the same silly low limits on number of events.

#35 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,238 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

Check to see if you have 2.06. Our Hopper here has this version. I'm going to check which version I have on my Hopper when I get home (I was able to setup 96 timers last night). Thanks.

Perhaps its was short spool for certain DVRs, but currently spooling S2.04 for all.

#36 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thanks Ray (DIRT). I was trying to decide if I wanted to update from 2 vip622 to Hopper and help with the testing or wait until at least the basic stuff was working (i.e. at least be able to record what I record now). Really like the PTAT concept; will prevent setting timers for all the broadcast shows that come and go at a whim and have variable start and stop times.

#37 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

I am not sure what version I have since my hopper is recording something, but I still can't make a timer. Do you know how I can get version s206?

#38 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,238 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

I am not sure what version I have since my hopper is recording something, but I still can't make a timer. Do you know how I can get version s206?

Press Menu button two times (no issue with current recording).

I'm pretty sure he did mistake with the version.

#39 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

I still have s2.04.

#40 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,238 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

I still have s2.04.

Perhaps new version would be released close to midnight [PDT] as before...

#41 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Still can't make a timer. Does anyone know how to wipe out the hopper and try again. I tried to chat with dish techsupport this morning, but they are not willing to send me a new hopper for this problem. They claim it is a bug that engineering is working on. I'm an engineer and I have had critical fixes done much faster than 2 weeks.

If I could just get back to ground zero, I will make less than 49 timers and be able to work with the limitation. Right now I have no solution. It is very frustrating!

#42 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,931 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Still can't make a timer. Does anyone know how to wipe out the hopper and try again.

Menu - Settings - Diagnostics - Factory Defaults

#43 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I tried factory defaults...really didn't do anything but clear my guide customizations. I wanted to take the unit back to the same as out of th box defaut to see if the timer issue would reset.

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,931 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Sorry ... I thought that cleared all the timers as well.

#45 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

wtr - maybe try PMing the RayC guy on the DIRT team. Cause maybe even getting S206 may not fix problem if they changed to using a flag to indicate limit reached instead of checking the actual number of timers each instance (which looks like what they did). Good luck. I'll just wait to get the hopper until they have their act together.

#46 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have been talking with Ray. I think he might be able to get me a new box.

#47 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,238 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

wtr - maybe try PMing the RayC guy on the DIRT team. Cause maybe even getting S206 may not fix problem if they changed to using a flag to indicate limit reached instead of checking the actual number of timers each instance (which looks like what they did). Good luck. I'll just wait to get the hopper until they have their act together.

Where is S2.05 then ?

#48 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

p smith - sorry for any confusion. I was referring to Ray C (DIRT) post on this thread on 3-30 where mentioned s206 and the ability to have more than 50 timers, which is the problem wtrjock is having.

#49 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I have an issue when recording regular programs, not PTAT, about 50% of the time the program will record in 2 different segments. For example, the other night I recorded "Two and a Half Men". When I checked the DVR later I had 2 recordings under 2.5 Men, the first being 13 min. the second being 17min. The program was split in 2. I've found this 3 or 4 times now and can't find any common denominator in the programs that have done this. I don't have PTAT enabled if that makes a difference. Anyone else seen this?

#50 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,931 posts
  • LocationMichiana

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have an issue when recording regular programs, not PTAT, about 50% of the time the program will record in 2 different segments. For example, the other night I recorded "Two and a Half Men". When I checked the DVR later I had 2 recordings under 2.5 Men, the first being 13 min. the second being 17min. The program was split in 2. I've found this 3 or 4 times now and can't find any common denominator in the programs that have done this. I don't have PTAT enabled if that makes a difference. Anyone else seen this?

I've seen it on my 622 when a channel moved at night or there was a satellite outage. But there have not been any moves in the past week or so that should have caused this. And I have not seen it on the Hopper.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...