Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S204 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Still can't make a timer. Does anyone know how to wipe out the hopper and try again. I tried to chat with dish techsupport this morning, but they are not willing to send me a new hopper for this problem. They claim it is a bug that engineering is working on. I'm an engineer and I have had critical fixes done much faster than 2 weeks.

If I could just get back to ground zero, I will make less than 49 timers and be able to work with the limitation. Right now I have no solution. It is very frustrating!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Still can't make a timer. Does anyone know how to wipe out the hopper and try again.

Menu - Settings - Diagnostics - Factory Defaults

#43 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

I tried factory defaults...really didn't do anything but clear my guide customizations. I wanted to take the unit back to the same as out of th box defaut to see if the timer issue would reset.

#44 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Sorry ... I thought that cleared all the timers as well.

#45 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

wtr - maybe try PMing the RayC guy on the DIRT team. Cause maybe even getting S206 may not fix problem if they changed to using a flag to indicate limit reached instead of checking the actual number of timers each instance (which looks like what they did). Good luck. I'll just wait to get the hopper until they have their act together.

#46 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I have been talking with Ray. I think he might be able to get me a new box.

#47 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

wtr - maybe try PMing the RayC guy on the DIRT team. Cause maybe even getting S206 may not fix problem if they changed to using a flag to indicate limit reached instead of checking the actual number of timers each instance (which looks like what they did). Good luck. I'll just wait to get the hopper until they have their act together.

Where is S2.05 then ?

#48 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

p smith - sorry for any confusion. I was referring to Ray C (DIRT) post on this thread on 3-30 where mentioned s206 and the ability to have more than 50 timers, which is the problem wtrjock is having.

#49 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

I have an issue when recording regular programs, not PTAT, about 50% of the time the program will record in 2 different segments. For example, the other night I recorded "Two and a Half Men". When I checked the DVR later I had 2 recordings under 2.5 Men, the first being 13 min. the second being 17min. The program was split in 2. I've found this 3 or 4 times now and can't find any common denominator in the programs that have done this. I don't have PTAT enabled if that makes a difference. Anyone else seen this?

#50 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I have an issue when recording regular programs, not PTAT, about 50% of the time the program will record in 2 different segments. For example, the other night I recorded "Two and a Half Men". When I checked the DVR later I had 2 recordings under 2.5 Men, the first being 13 min. the second being 17min. The program was split in 2. I've found this 3 or 4 times now and can't find any common denominator in the programs that have done this. I don't have PTAT enabled if that makes a difference. Anyone else seen this?

I've seen it on my 622 when a channel moved at night or there was a satellite outage. But there have not been any moves in the past week or so that should have caused this. And I have not seen it on the Hopper.

#51 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

I've seen it on my 622 when a channel moved at night or there was a satellite outage. But there have not been any moves in the past week or so that should have caused this. And I have not seen it on the Hopper.

I'll try to keep track of this and see if there is anything in common with any future recordings on my Hopper.

#52 OFFLINE   wtrjock

wtrjock

AllStar

• Registered
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have good news about the timer issue. I was looking on the other site, and they talked about some potential fixes to the timer issue. They said that the number of events you keep can cause the maximum timer issue.

So tonight I lowered all my events to keep to 3 and deleted down to 24 timers...now I can make timers again. Yeah... I will get to see the masters after all.

BTW...the timers that I created on Dish Online showed a to keep All events. I don't remember Dish Online giving me the option to pick how many shows to keep.

I thought I would pass on what I found.

#53 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,236 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

That doesn't make sense but I'm glad it works!

#54 OFFLINE   Stutz342

Stutz342

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

I'm using individual timers with PTAT shows to get them saved to the user partition. So far this does what I want, but there seems to be an oversight in the implementation:

The saved (PTAT sourced) copy of the show doesn't get stored in the folder that my user timer specifies. I know it's not exactly my timer that's creating this item, but it's only there because I have a timer, so I would expect that timer's options to be heeded.

I haven't had my Hopper long enough to know if, after the 8 days expires, the show then gets moved or not.

#55 OFFLINE   mrjim

mrjim

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

I have two Hoppers and Three Joeys and I am wondering when DISH is going to have the software up and running to merge the two Hoppers together. This would be the best whole house with the six tuners available.

Directv customer June 2014-on Dish customer since April 2012-June 2014, DirecTV customer before that - 1/1/1998 to Dec 2011, before merger with DirecTV-USSB 1994-1998. Equipment one Genie, 3 mini Genies, One HD DVR.

#56 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

We are working on this feature but I have not received information when it will be available yet. Please continue to check back. Thanks.

I have two Hoppers and Three Joeys and I am wondering when DISH is going to have the software up and running to merge the two Hoppers together. This would be the best whole house with the six tuners available.

#57 OFFLINE   mrjim

mrjim

AllStar

• Registered
  • 93 posts
  • LocationKenosha, WI

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks Ray C!

Directv customer June 2014-on Dish customer since April 2012-June 2014, DirecTV customer before that - 1/1/1998 to Dec 2011, before merger with DirecTV-USSB 1994-1998. Equipment one Genie, 3 mini Genies, One HD DVR.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...