Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EHD Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   txsrooster

txsrooster

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Last night I hook up my EHD as we are getting a new receiver today. Took approx 7hrs to archive the recorded shows. This morning I go to archive the shows that recorded last night and I get an general error then the 722 shuts down flashes the vertical thick white line and finds the satalites again. I then get an error saying that an external hard drive has been connected and would need to be formated in order to be used with the system..did I lose all my archives? How do I fix the situation? How do I prevent it from happening again?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

It was reported many times before, here. Your case is not unique. Perhaps reading these stories and DIRT replies will help you find a solution.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Please PM your account information to me so I can send an authorization to your receiver to update the smart card that you have an EHD and have that function. Thanks.

Last night I hook up my EHD as we are getting a new receiver today. Took approx 7hrs to archive the recorded shows. This morning I go to archive the shows that recorded last night and I get an general error then the 722 shuts down flashes the vertical thick white line and finds the satalites again. I then get an error saying that an external hard drive has been connected and would need to be formated in order to be used with the system..did I lose all my archives? How do I fix the situation? How do I prevent it from happening again?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...