Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Support is back!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

We are excited to announce that DISH Support has been redesigned, revamped, and re-launched at support.dish.com. I’m sure you’re all aware that we recently took the site offline. We took this opportunity to improve the design of the site and began the process of integrating the site into our other web properties. As a result of this transition, we did not transfer any of the old content, including user names to the new site. We welcome you to the new site and thank you for the support.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

Matt -

I know I'm probably a little dense, but the forum wasn't really a part of the Dish account system before. So I pushed the "log in" at the top of the page in the yellow area which is indeed part of the Dish account system. That's when I figured out that there is a separate Forum registration and log in below the black line in red letters:

Posted Image

Perhaps someone could modify the page to emphasize that the Forum has a special registration and log in for a forum identity.

Just a thought.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Matt -

I know I'm probably a little dense, but the forum wasn't really a part of the Dish account system before. So I pushed the "log in" at the top of the page in the yellow area which is indeed part of the Dish account system. That's when I figured out that there is a separate Forum registration and log in below the black line in red letters:

Posted Image

Perhaps someone could modify the page to emphasize that the Forum has a special registration and log in for a forum identity.

Just a thought.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Social Media

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,761 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Matt, where is Current Software page now ?

#5 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • DISH Representative
  • 561 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

Matt, where is Current Software page now ?

This page will have the software release notes. We currently do not have any up, but they will be there as soon as we can get them

https://support.dish...wforum.php?f=14

Social Media

#6 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 894 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

Did all the old post get dumped?
Another BBS I use recently upgraded and kept the original post for search purposes.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#7 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Based on the previous thread, isn't the speculation that the site was hacked or otherwise tampered with?

That would imply that the data/posts was lost. That would also account for the separate login ID as isolation from the main account information.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#8 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,381 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Yes, it pretty clear this is a brand new group of web pages with nothing carried over from the old site. Personally I'm happy it's up and running again.

We just have to view what happened as making lemonade.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#9 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:53 AM

This page will have the software release notes. We currently do not have any up, but they will be there as soon as we can get them

https://support.dish...wforum.php?f=14

Good to see it return. Notes will need to go back to February as there was nothing put out for 222k L595, 722 L723 and L724, and Hopper S203/S255 and S204/S256.

P Smith was actually asking about the software chart that for each receiver showed which software versions were considered current or previous.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#10 OFFLINE   Blowgun

Blowgun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Based on the previous thread, isn't the speculation that the site was hacked or otherwise tampered with?

I don't know what forum software was used before, but it's running phpBB now. IIRC, that's not the best software to run if the idea is to minimize tampering.

Blowgun

spam firewall