Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

RE: Dish Network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jt232007

jt232007

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Does CSN Bay Area and California broadcast in HD permanently now on Dish? I have Comcast but had Dish b4 and got tired of the joined in progress (JIP). I'm thinking about switching back b/c of the new Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR but don't want to have to deal w/ the JIP again.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

No, RSN's are HD for specific games only. They are not 24/7 and no word if or when they may be.

#3 OFFLINE   jt232007

jt232007

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Ok, Thank you! :) I believe DirecTV still broadcast those channels in HD right?

#4 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

I believe those they do, though I just learned even Direct is not always broadcasting all RSN's 24/7 in HD. Apparently for instance in San Diego there is an RSN that is not full time, and another one in Arizona I think... Perhaps more I don't know about. But the fact is the chance of a 24/7 is far more certain with Direct, Dish does not do it.

#5 OFFLINE   levibluewa

levibluewa

Icon

• Registered
  • 607 posts
  • LocationWA, OR, CA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

FYI - if you don't like JIPs Directv should be your choice. I'm more than slightly upset with DISH. The opening games (MLB) between the Seattle Mariners & the Oakland Athletics, broadcast live from Tokyo...3 & 2 am PT -- were NOT available in HD, just a very fuzzy SD feed via ROOTSPORTSNW (426). COMCASTSPORTSNETCALIFORNIA (409) didn't even carry the broadcasts...at least they weren't in the guide. Now I understand the lack of transponder space prevents DISH from offering all games in HD, but this situation is very different...they just didn't do it...NO EXCUSES. Not even JIP...just plain JIP.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...