Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Harmony Universal Remotes Operate a Hopper?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   duffasaurus

duffasaurus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Is there any model of Harmony/Logitech universal remote that will work with a Hopper/Joey system?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Every harmony works fine with Hopper/Joey. In fact any universal works fine using existing Dish codes that have been around for years. Just enable IR in the Remote Manager on the Hopper.

My favorite current harmony models to use with Dish are the 600/650/700 because of their low price, layout and colored buttons. My old Harmony 360 is my all-time favorite. The One is ok, but you'd have to use valuable LCD real estate for the colored buttons. I wouldn't recommend the 900 to anyone because it can't do simple macros, like toggling captions on Dish, for example.

I personally don't use harmony anymore. I prefer JP1 remotes and my Xsight Touch.

For a really inexpensive universal with great macro and learning capabilities, I recommend the RCA RCRP05B or the URC WR7. The URC R50 is another good one that's currently half price at Target. Of course the Dish remote that comes with the Hopper is an excellent remote with learning. But it can't do macros (activities/sequences) like many universal remotes can. The Dish remotes are the only ones that will work via RF.

Everyone will have different opinions on this. But that's my 2 cents.

#3 OFFLINE   zer0cool

zer0cool

Godfather

• Registered
  • 264 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

The screen eventually failed though.
My Harmony One works very well with my 922 though (While also controlling my Samsung TV, Pioneer Receiver, XBox 360, and PS3/via BT adapter).
It's saved me a lot of phone calls from the wife asking "How do I watch (specific device/channel) in the family room?".
I'll find out Sunday how it works with the Hopper.
Any maps for it posted yet?

#4 OFFLINE   kstevens

kstevens

Icon

• Registered
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

My harmony one was set up for my old 922. It works perfectly with no changes with the Hopper. :-)

#5 OFFLINE   secretservices

secretservices

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

What about the Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons? Do they work on the Harmonys?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...