Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dish Remote 21.0 Issues?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mullinon

mullinon

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Hello All,

I recently upgraded from a 322 to a 222k. Outside I had to change my dish 500 to a dish 1000. Inside I simply unplugged the 322 and connected all the existing wires to the 222k.

Since completing the change over I have been experiencing a problem with my dish remote 21.0. The problem has been that when the receiver TV 1 is on downstairs, the dish remote 21.0 becomes unresponsive (it will respond only after repeatedly pushing the button and waving the remote around in the air) on receiver TV 2 upstairs (it will control the TV upstairs but will not control the receiver downstairs). When I turn off receiver TV 1 downstairs the dish remote 21.0 works fine on TV 2 upstairs.

I never had any remote issues with the 322.

In order to resolve the problem, I've tried changing the frequencies on the remotes (IR & UHF) including different odd/even numbers and trying different combinations of the A/B with no luck. I also tried putting the remote antenna in different spots, higher/lower, etc, also with no luck.

I originally used the System Wizard to set up the remotes prior to activating the receiver. I have tried to access it again in hopes of address this problem. However since activating the receiver the system wizard will not function and will display an Error 926.

Is there something I am missing? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

Have you tried extending the antenna from the receiver to see if you can get a better signal? It sounds like you are getting interference. You can also move the antenna into the same room as the TV by using splitters. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Hello All,

I recently upgraded from a 322 to a 222k. Outside I had to change my dish 500 to a dish 1000. Inside I simply unplugged the 322 and connected all the existing wires to the 222k.

Since completing the change over I have been experiencing a problem with my dish remote 21.0. The problem has been that when the receiver TV 1 is on downstairs, the dish remote 21.0 becomes unresponsive (it will respond only after repeatedly pushing the button and waving the remote around in the air) on receiver TV 2 upstairs (it will control the TV upstairs but will not control the receiver downstairs). When I turn off receiver TV 1 downstairs the dish remote 21.0 works fine on TV 2 upstairs.

I never had any remote issues with the 322.

In order to resolve the problem, I've tried changing the frequencies on the remotes (IR & UHF) including different odd/even numbers and trying different combinations of the A/B with no luck. I also tried putting the remote antenna in different spots, higher/lower, etc, also with no luck.

I originally used the System Wizard to set up the remotes prior to activating the receiver. I have tried to access it again in hopes of address this problem. However since activating the receiver the system wizard will not function and will display an Error 926.

Is there something I am missing? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

#3 OFFLINE   mullinon

mullinon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Have you tried extending the antenna from the receiver to see if you can get a better signal? It sounds like you are getting interference. You can also move the antenna into the same room as the TV by using splitters. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Thanks for your response.

I have hooked up a short piece of cable to the antenna and have moved it around downstairs with no luck.

What type of splitters are required to move the antenna upstairs? I have a couple of triplexers will they work?

Last night I took my dish remote 4.0 and programmed it. It works much better than the dish remote 21.0 even though it can also be unresponsive at times.

#4 OFFLINE   vroman254

vroman254

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Get 2-2way splitters,onthe back of the receiver remove the antenna, remove the cable going into the home distribution input(tv2) , the cable from the diplexer or triplexer uhf that goes into the tv2 now goes into the in of the splitter, get 2 jumpers to go from that same splitters outputs into the home distribution (tv2) and where the antenna was. Take the antenna and the other splitter upstairs to tv 2 and take the cable out of the tv and put it in the input side of the splitter, on the outs if that splitter screw in the antenna and anither jumper to your tv. This will take care if your remote ussues for tv 2.

#5 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

Diagrams can be found at http://www.dishuser.org/uhfextend.php.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

spam firewall