Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Before I upgrade to Dish's Hopper/Joeys

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

What kind of offer does Direct TV have that will give me a whole house DVR, and connect 4 HDTVs and 3 SDs? As long as I'm going to upgrade I want to check my options.
Can anyone help?
I don't need to watch TV on my cell phone,(I don't think it would work on a Tracfone anyway), or on the Internet, I just want HDTV service in my home, for my TVs and DVR service for them.
What can Direct offer me?
Thanks,
Snyde

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

We can't answer that for you. Just call and ask.
Go Big Red!!!

#3 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

What kind of offer does Direct TV have that will give me a whole house DVR, and connect 4 HDTVs and 3 SDs? As long as I'm going to upgrade I want to check my options.
Can anyone help?
I don't need to watch TV on my cell phone,(I don't think it would work on a Tracfone anyway), or on the Internet, I just want HDTV service in my home, for my TVs and DVR service for them.
What can Direct offer me?
Thanks,
Snyde

The ads are out there ad naseum.

Both services have different offerings and different prices.

But generally, if you want a lot of separate receivers/DVR's, DirecTV seems to have the advantage. If you like sports (I don't), DirecTV also seems to have the edge with various subscription sports packages.

DISH has many different programming packages but if you analyze them the pricing is about the same as DirecTV for the equivalent channels.

Let us know what your research reveals and who you go with...

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#4 OFFLINE   Snydley

Snydley

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

The ads are out there ad naseum.

Both services have different offerings and different prices.

But generally, if you want a lot of separate receivers/DVR's, DirecTV seems to have the advantage. If you like sports (I don't), DirecTV also seems to have the edge with various subscription sports packages.

DISH has many different programming packages but if you analyze them the pricing is about the same as DirecTV for the equivalent channels.

Let us know what your research reveals and who you go with...

I thought maybe I could get some insight in this from you guys. I'm not a sports guy at all, I couldn't care less about it. I'm more of a music guy,(classic rock), than anything else.
I guess what I should have asked is how Directv's hardware compares to Dish's, specifically DirectTvs whole house DVR system compared to Dish's new Hopper/Joey system, but I figured there hasn't been enough time yet to compare them yet.

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,051 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

There is thread where last comparison going include h2k/j. http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=202347

Protected By... spam firewall...And...