Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
Decided on Dish - two questions
Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:19 PM
We decided on Dish and will be setting up service next week but I have two quick questions.
1) Going with the Hopper/Joey of course, does each room need internet connectivity? The hopper will be hardwired to our router but I'm not sure how they connect to the Joeys.
2) Our house is a new build with foam insulation that seals the rafters. There are no ridge vents and no access through the roof, the house is completely sealed. I got some guidance from another post that said they would go in through the brick like Comcrap did. My question is more if anyone on here has had an install on a house with foam.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:17 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:05 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:27 PM
There needs to be a coax connection or the Joey doesn't function. The connection between Hopper and Joey is MoCA -- over cable, not over ethernet.
You can use either coax or ethernet between the Hopper and the Joeys.