Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Decided on Dish - two questions
Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:19 PM
We decided on Dish and will be setting up service next week but I have two quick questions.
1) Going with the Hopper/Joey of course, does each room need internet connectivity? The hopper will be hardwired to our router but I'm not sure how they connect to the Joeys.
2) Our house is a new build with foam insulation that seals the rafters. There are no ridge vents and no access through the roof, the house is completely sealed. I got some guidance from another post that said they would go in through the brick like Comcrap did. My question is more if anyone on here has had an install on a house with foam.
Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:17 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:05 PM
Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:27 PM
There needs to be a coax connection or the Joey doesn't function. The connection between Hopper and Joey is MoCA -- over cable, not over ethernet.
You can use either coax or ethernet between the Hopper and the Joeys.