Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Hoppers for free!!!??????Anyone??

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Their monthly rental fees are in line with what Dish charges for a DVR, and substantially higher than what DIRECTV charges, but they'll leave anything that I want behind and won't charge me a dime for it beyond the monthly fees that we've all resigned ourselves to paying for a DVR.

Doesn't Fios, as an example charge $15.99 for the first DVR? The Dish charge is $6.(As a DVR fee) Then the second DVR is $14.99 with Fios, Dish is $10? Those prices are "in line?" If you are willing to pay Dish the Fios fees, maybe they will be willing to upgrade for free too.

Edited by tampa8, 25 March 2012 - 03:14 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jacmyoung

jacmyoung

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I have the same issue with the OP, we need more than three tuners. The three-tuner limitation of the Hopper forces some of us to have a two-Hopper system. However if I could get two Hoppers for $50 I would have switched from DirecTV to Dish. But Dish wanted $300 more for an extra Hopper/Joe combo.

I am curious if the OP actually got the second Hopper for $50 or not.

#23 OFFLINE   dualsub2006

dualsub2006

Icon

• Registered
  • 867 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Doesn't Fios, as an example charge $15.99 for the first DVR? The Dish charge is $6.(As a DVR fee) Then the second DVR is $14.99 with Fios, Dish is $10?

I don't know what FiOS charges. I specifically called out TW and Cincinnati Bell when I posted that.

#24 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Its well beyond ridiculous to say that he is being shady, or that he has some sense of entitlement to expect 2 free Hoppers.

Except no body gets a second hopper free. To sit there and say this

and I had the guy down to $50 on the second one with the first being free. Not good enough, I said no.

Wreaks of entitlement issues. Nobody gets a second hopper free, but this guy manages to get a second one down to 50$ and he still says no.
Yes everyone should get the chance to ask for something but more often then not they forget there talking to a company and not bartering with some street side vendor.

Dish wants this guy's business or they don't. He CAN find as many free DVR's as he wants. It's up to Dish to decide if they can do it or not.

Thats all well and good except for the fact that he called Dish, Before he called in with his demands he was nobody on Dish's radar and still is.

#25 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:30 PM

I don't know what FiOS charges. I specifically called out TW and Cincinnati Bell when I posted that.

Ok, TWC..
Equipment Charges Back to Top Digital, HD, DVR, HD-DVR Receiver. (Includes Remote Control) $6.50 /mo DVR, HD DVR Service Fee (per DVR)
DVR or HD DVR Receivers require subscription to Digital Video Recorder Service.
$10.95 /month

That's for the first receiver. Not remotely as low as Dish, again who is at $6 only (DVR fee) as compared to $17.45

http://www.timewarne...tespricing.html

I've been following prices for a very long time, while there can always be exceptions, Cable is NOT less than Dish for fees or as you put it "in line with" You are paying a premium to have the choice to upgrade with no cost. Only thing is, it's not at no cost.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...