Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
HIC and ethernet connections
Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM
I'm considering converting from 3-722s to h2k/joey system and I have some questions.
1. As I understand, I will not need HIC since I connect h2k directly into a network drop. Is this correct?
2. H2k shows two ethernet ports on back and documentation states there are two ports. What is the purpose of two? Any advantage or disadvantage of connecting both in the same subnet?
3. Joey connects via cable (MOCA). Should the joey also be direct connected via ethernet? What is the purpose?
Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:24 AM
2. I haven't tried, but I believe the two ports are just so you could pass the internet thru to another device (basically a 2-port switch). No advantage to connecting both.
3. Joeys do not need internet at this point. If they stream something the Hopper is what requests it from it's internet connection and relays it to the Joeys.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:10 AM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 AM
Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:08 PM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:58 AM