Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
HIC and ethernet connections
Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:43 AM
I'm considering converting from 3-722s to h2k/joey system and I have some questions.
1. As I understand, I will not need HIC since I connect h2k directly into a network drop. Is this correct?
2. H2k shows two ethernet ports on back and documentation states there are two ports. What is the purpose of two? Any advantage or disadvantage of connecting both in the same subnet?
3. Joey connects via cable (MOCA). Should the joey also be direct connected via ethernet? What is the purpose?
Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:24 AM
2. I haven't tried, but I believe the two ports are just so you could pass the internet thru to another device (basically a 2-port switch). No advantage to connecting both.
3. Joeys do not need internet at this point. If they stream something the Hopper is what requests it from it's internet connection and relays it to the Joeys.
Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:10 AM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 AM
Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:08 PM
Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:58 AM